Wednesday 23 August 2017

Review: Alpha H Liquid Gold

If there is one skincare ingredient I can't get enough of it's Glycolic Acid. It's retexturising and rejuvenating properties work beautifully with my skin and I can never get over how good my skin looks after I use a product that contains Glycolic Acid. And that's where today's product comes in.

Alpha H's Liquid Gold was a product I'd head a lot about (thanks Caroline Hirons) but had never really had the chance to try until last Christmas when I recieved a deluxe sample size in my M&S Advent Calender. Never before have I fallen in love with a product so quickly. From the first use this became a holy grail product for me.

It may have something to do with it's high Glycolic Acid content (5% I believe) that works to exfoliate, retexturise and rejuvenate skin with every use. I've used a lot of Glycolic Acid based products before but none of them have worked in this manner and shown almost instantaneous results. Applied over clean skin almost as a toner this works to reduce any texture on the skin, even out skin tone, plump skin, diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles whilst leaving skin with a luminous dewy glow. It's hypoallergenic, fragrance free and suitable for all skin types, even sensitive/reactive skins.

I use this twice a week in place of a toner. A little goes a long way and you can feel it working on the skin as you apply it. I occasionally get a lot of texture around my jawline and cheeks, and this works to reduce or completely irradicate the look of it on my skin. And the day after my skin looks even better, it looks hydrated, even in tone and has a dewy glow to it that one usually finds from a dewy finish foundation. Any skincare or make up I apply, applies so nicely on my skin and my skin doesn't feel rough or uneven to the touch. And unless my skin is extremely hormonal or going through a bad spell the texture doesn't come back and if it does then it's not as severe.

If you've use products such as the Pixi Glow Tonic or Nip And Fab's Glycolic Fix Pads but need something a bit more substantial to work with your skin then I'd say this would be right up your street. Powerful yet not astringent or drying, this will change how your skin looks and feels from the first use. It doesn't cause break outs or irritation and can be used in conjunction with the rest of your skincare routine. Sure it's a bit pricier than other Glycolic based products on the market but when you see the results you'll be grateful you paid those few extra pounds. Whilst the price tag still makes me squirm I won't hesistate to repurchase this when it runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment