Thursday 10 August 2017

Review: Pixi Glow Mud Mask

There's nothing more I love than a good face mask. I'm forever trying new ones but I always find myself reaching the same ones over and over again. One that I tried, put away and then rediscovered and fell in love with is the Pixi Glow Mud Mask.

Containing Ginseng and Aloe Vera as well as Koalin and Sea Salt this mask not only purifys, soothes and brightens skin but simulataneously stimulates and rejuvenates skin. It also helps with excess sebum as well as deep cleansing pores and reducing the appearence and feeling of exsisting blemishes. Surprisngly there is no Glycolic Acid or AHA ingredient in this formula which means this will the perfect deep cleanse mask for those who's skin struggles to get along with acids. However it is advised you follow up every use of this with the Glow Tonic Toner which contains 5% Gylcolic Acid as well as Aloe Vera and Gingseng, so if you are a fan of acid based products then you can add that into your routine after using this mask.

When it comes to this mask I wasn't wowed straight away. In fact I was quite disappointed because after a couple of uses I didn't see any results which considering the other Glow products showed instant results seemed strange. So I just stowed it away with my other masks until recently when my skin was on strike and didn't want to agree with anything I put on it. I tried charcoal based masks, I tried detox masks and AHA based masks and nothing worked. So out of desperation I reached for this and I'm so glad I did. It instantly helped my skin, texture was reduced, pores were minimised and my skin felt instantly soothed. I don't know what this mask did but it worked to put my skin back into a good place and I find myself reaching for this once a fortnight between other masks to keep my skin in a decent condition.

If you can't use AHA based products or don't like masks that contain Charcoal or other harsher purifying ingredients then I highly recommend you check this out. Containing a host of ingredients that work beautifully in conjunction with each other to not only put skin in a better place but maintain the results this mask is well worth it's £18 price tag. Sure it's not budget friendly but if you're someone who relys on masks to help skin clear on the regular then this will be worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment