Tuesday 27 February 2018

Monthly Favourites: February

                                
Where on earth has February gone? It's like I've blinked and missed it. I honestly can't believe it's going to be March in a few days. And because the month has gone so quickly, I haven't really had time to try out a ton of new products to call my favourites. In fact I've rediscovered a couple of old products that I've fallen in love with all over again. 


                                 
Out of the three beauty favourites I have this month, my absolute favourite is the new Rosie For Autograph Amazing Skin Secret Foundation. It's been the only foundation I've reached for during February and there's a good reason for it. It's medium coverage has been everything my skin has needed to make it look healthy, glowy yet covered and still skin like. It lasts well on the skin and surprisingly looks better after a few hours wear than when its first applied. It's the perfect foundation to transition from Winter to Spring and I can see myself getting a lot more wear out of it in the upcoming months. 


                                
My second beauty favourite of the month is a rediscovery from Barry M. Their Ready Set Smooth Loose Setting Powder was a favourite of mine last year but got put to the side as I discovered other powders. However this month I found myself reaching for it and loving the results all over again. It's invisible look and feel on the skin has really changed how my make up looks, even a few hours of wear. It's helped stop my concealer from creasing under my eyes and because it's transparent, it's not made my foundation oxidise or given my skin a warmth that it certainly doesn't need. 


And the last beauty favourite I have this month is one that's been sitting in my collection for about a year now and was only rediscovered when I had a lipstick sort out. The Milani Amour Matte Lip Creme in Precious has been one of three lip products I've reached for throughout the month of February. It's a stunning peachy pink colour that gives a nice twist on your normal neutral and gives a spring like pep to a look to brighten up these dull, cold winter days. It does dry down matte on the lips but because it's more of a mousse/creme formula than your standard liquid lipstick, it's a lot more comfortable to wear than others. I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of this throughout Spring and am thinking of investing a few other shades to see if they're as good as this one. 


One of only two non-beauty favourites I have this month is the return of Strike Back. I spoke about this back in November when the reboot started it's ten episode run but can't help but talk about it again as it comes to it's series end. I honestly didn't think I could love a reboot as much as the original but I do in fact love the new cast and team better than the original. There's something a little more raw about the new team that I adore and that keeps me glued to my TV every Wednesday at 9. I'm sad that the final episode airs this week but I have high hopes for another series and until then I can always watch reruns or start the entirety of Strike Back from the beginning. 

                         
And the last favourite of this month, is the latest editon to my ever growing piercing collection. Please excuse the slightly gruesome picture, this was taken just after I got it done and I haven't been able to get a decent picture since, I think it's the angle that makes it difficult. Earlier in the month I got my Daith pierced and I absolutely adore it. It's still in its healing phase so there are still days where it feels freshly pierced but that doesn't take away from how well it sits in my ear and blends seamlessly in with the rest of my piercings. I'd been looking at getting this done for a while and finally bit the bullet this month. I'd like to say this is my last piercing but give me a few months and I'll be craving another one (as if I didn't already have enough- double helix, rook, conch, daith, tragus, forward helix and nine separate lobe piercings). I've got my eye on a snug or anti-tragus next so watch this space in a few months, you never know what I'll get done next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment