Wednesday 7 February 2018

Review: Nip And Fab Glycolic Fix Extreme 6% Liquid Glow

I absolutely adore the Nip and Fab Glycolic Fix Extreme Pads and thought 5% Glycolic Acid was the highest the brand had to offer. But then they released their Glycolic Fix Extreme 6% Liquid Glow Toner and blew their pre soaked pads out the water.

The Liquid Glow Toner is a 6% Glycolic Acid based toner that works to loosen and remove dead skin cells whilst simultaneously working deeper into pores to unclog them, to reveal smooth, soft and radiant looking skin. However it's not stripping or drying as it contains a mixture of Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin B5 to help maintain skin's hydration levels, leaving it feeling softer and smoother for longer.

I was really looking forward to trying this product, it seemed to be along similar lines to the Pixi Glow Tonic and Alpha H Liquid Gold. However unlike those products, these broke me out and to begin with I was confused. The breakouts weren't everywhere, they were more around my chin and around my forehead and eyebrows, places that I tend to get a lot of skin congestion anyway. But back then I didn't know that this product was good for clearing deep into pores and just thought I'd reacted badly to it. However don't let that put you off, once I'd taken a step back and then went back to it, this product has done nothing but wonders for my skin. 

It leaves a slight tingling sensation on the skin after you use it but that just means that the Glycolic Acid formula is working to loosen and remove those dead skin cells that are stopping skin's radiance from shining through. And then you can just leave it at that. The Hyaluronic Acid in the formula means you can skip the moisturiser until later so that the formula really has a chance to exfoliate and retexturise skin. And then the next day after you've used it, skin feels softer, smooth and the appearance of texture isn't completely gone, it's clearly diminished and skin has a healthy glow to it.

This is perfect for pretty much every skin type except those with extremely sensitive/reactive skin but it does all come down to your skins ability to handle AHA's. If your skin reacts well to acids such as Glycolic or Lactic then you could probably get away with using this every other day where as if your skin doesn't react well with acid based products, I'd say either stay away from it completely or limit use to once or twice a week. I'm nearly halfway through the bottle and know for a fact that I'll be repurchasing it once I've run out. Plus if you buy it now at Superdrug, you can get this toner which retails at £19.95 alongside another Nip and Fab product and only pay £18 for the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment