Monday 19 February 2018

Review: Maybelline SuperStay Matte Inks

When Maybelline released their SuperStay Matte Inks, I was at first intrigued then dubious and now I'm obsessed.

If you've never heard of the SuperStay Matte Inks before they're a highly pigmented liquid lipstick that are advertised as lasting flawlessly on the lips for 12 hours with a comfortable and effortless matte finish. To me that's a bold claim, something I definitely couldn't resist putting to the test.

I have three shades from their eighteen large range, spanning from stunning nudes to beautiful bolds with a few unique shades thrown inbetween. From top to bottom I have Ruler, Pioneer and Voyager. Ruler is a stunning deep pink shade, Pioneer is a bright red shade and Voyager is a gorgeous burgundy shade. Each shade is unique and different to the others in the range and it's one of the many reasons I love this range from Maybelline.

Now you may be wondering why I brought three different shades if I was dubious about the product. But I'm pretty sure a lot of you would have been the same once I explain it to you. They're advertised as a Matte Ink. To me that meant they should have dried down completely when they were on the lips and not budged. Yet when I first tried them, there was still a bit of tackiness to them even after they'd been on the lips for a while and for me that just seemed like a wasted opportunity for a good product.

But before you think this is going to be a debbie downer post, they actually did live up to the claim that they wouldn't budge. And they don't, they have some serious staying power. I can easily and happily eat a greasy burger and these lipsticks don't budge. Like seriously don't budge. I can wear these for a good six to seven hours and there is no fading, flaking and they're still relatively comfortable to wear. In fact it actually takes a very strong oil based make up remover to take these off and even after then there is a slight chance of staining.

Sure they don't dry down to your traditional matte finish but these liquid lipsticks are a brilliant release for those who like the staying power of a liquid lip but not the powdery, drying texture a lot of them have. The Maybelline SuperStay Matte Inks are lightweight, long wearing, comfortable, highly pigmented and eye catching and possibly one of the best high street lip releases in a while. With an ever expanding shade range, I predict these liquid lipsticks are going to be one of 2018's most raved about lip products.

No comments:

Post a Comment