Wednesday 28 February 2018

What I Read: February

Last month I started a new monthly series sharing the books I'd read from the last four weeks in an attempt to fufill my yearly goal of reading more. It went down better than expected so today I'm back with February's books. Now I'm disappointed to say that I only managed to read two books this month but it's not for lack of trying. But don't worry because next month's post will be a lot longer (hopefully). 

My Not So Perfect Life- Sophie Kinsella 
The first book I read in February comes from one of my favourite authors. Sophie Kinsella is best known for the Confessions of a shopaholic series but also has a fair few stand alone novels, of which this one I think has to be the best. Katie the main character is extremely relatable and the theme of making life look perfect on social media is very relevant with the world we live in today. I couldn't put this book down, rooting for Katie as well as growing to love a character who was first introduced in a less pleasant manner. I read the majority of this one Sunday afternoon as I just wanted to know what happened next, something Kinsella is very good at doing in her books. It's made me want to go back and retread both her Confessions of a Shopaholic series as well as her other stand alone novels. 

Edge Of Darkness- Karen Rose 
And the only other book I managed to read this month comes from another of my favourite authors. Karen Rose is the queen of Crime novels in my eyes. Her stories are gruesome, addictive but also always contain a love story and well connected never ending set of connections established in previous novels. Edge Of Darkness is no different and I found myself devouring this book night after night to work out who the killer was as well as hanging on tenterhooks to see if the lead detective and his long time love would go together for good. I think this book is the reason why I haven't read anything else this month. It was so good and kept me on edge the whole time that I just couldn't get into another book as I just wanted to read this one all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment