Monday 5 February 2018

Review: Loreal Smooth Sugars Scrubs

 
When Loreal released their Smooth Sugar Scrubs, I was surprised. In a good way I assure you. It was because I didn't think we in the UK would be getting them as soon as we did. I'd seen them promoted on Instagram but it had only said that they'd be soon available in the US. Hence my surprise when I saw them in the skincare aisle.

The Smooth Sugar Scrubs are a blend of brown, blonde and white sugars combined with ingredients such as Kiwi, Cocoa Butter and Grapeseed Oil to clear, nourish or enhance skin's radiance whilst simultaneously exfoliating skin. And because these scrubs use a natural exfoliant in the form of sugar they aren't going to mysteriously disappear when the ban on the use of micro beads in exfoliators becomes more widespread.

 The Clear Scrub contains Kiwi Seeds alongside the triple sugar formula that exoliates skin but also works deeper into pores to help remove and lessen the appearence of impurities and blackheads. It's self heating formula melts the sugars into the skin as you use it, eradicating the horrid scratchy feeling associated with many exfoliators that essentially cause skin to feel stripped or irritated after use. This is probably my favourite out of the three, it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean but not dry or tight where essentials oils have been taken away by the exfoliating particles.



The Nourish Scrub contains Cocoa Butter to nourish, soothe and soften skin. This one is more of a balm texture and a little goes a long way. It doesn't feel as gritty s the Clear Scrub but it still does a magnificent job of exfoliating skin. The Cocoa Butter is brilliant if you have dry or sensitive skin as it'll work to nourish skin and leave it feeling softer for longer. I like to use this one when my skin is feeling a little more tender and in need of some TLC.





And finally the Glow Scrub contains Grapeseed Oil exfoliate, nourish and reveal skin's radiance. This is the one that I think doesn't do as much as the others. The Grapeseed Oil formula nourishes skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth after every use but for me personally doesn't do a lot for radiance. Most exfoliators are designed to loosen and remove dead skin cells and reveal glowing, healthy looking skin so I don't think this really needs to be a separate scrub on it's own. Both the other scrubs in this range work to do the pretty much the same thing as this one which to me makes this one a little bit obsolete. I don't find myself reaching for this as much as I probably should but it's only because I prefer the results that the other two are far more noticeable than this.

Overall I like these scrubs. Their not as harsh or stripping as other scrubs I've tried and apart from the Glow Scrub the results are noticeable from the first use. What I like about these scrubs is that whilst they have ingredients and work to aid a particular skin type, they can actually be used by all skin types, depending more on your skin's needs than it's type. The only pitfall with these is the price. Whilst the Pure Clay Masks came in at £7.99 for a 50ml pot, these Smooth Sugar Scrubs come in at £9.99 a 50ml pot. To me that seems like a price hike for the same sized pot of a product which to me should/would work side by side with the Pure Clay Masks. But don't let the price put you off, this scrubs are well worth every penny and I will for one be repurchasing them at any price when I need to. If you are in the market for a new scrub, I highly recommend you check these out. You won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment