Friday 5 April 2019

Clothing Wishlist

 
I literally don't know what's going on with me at the moment. I'm having a moment where I just want to go clothes shopping all the time and experiment with my style, which for me is a big jump in the right direction. Normally I stick to a rotating wardrobe of basic t-shirt or jumper paired with black jeans. And I want a change, as I've gotten older I've realised that there are times when a t-shirt with a Marvel or Disney character slapped across it aren't appropriate and that I should probably start dressing a little more my age. And over the last few weeks as I've knuckled down on the hunt for a perfect wedding guest dress, I've found myself doing a little window shopping and quite a bit of it is styles I'd have never looked at twice before. So today I'm sharing with you my latest clothing wishlist with pieces from the likes of Marks And Spencer and ASOS.

M&S Pure Linen Checked Shorts £35
I don't wear shorts, I used to when I was younger but as I've gotten older I've just lost the confidence to wear them. Yet these white checked shorts from M&S really caught my eye. They're 100% linen so I don't know how comfortable they'd be but what really drew me to them is how they sit on the waist and how long they sit on the thigh. I don't really like my thighs but these look as if they could sit at a flattering length on them which would encourage me to wear shorts more, especially during Summer. However they are 35 which seems a bit much for a pair of shorts and knowing my like I'll drop something down them or sit in gum. I may try them on when I'm in M&S next, just out of curiousity.

Per Una Oversized Pure Cotton Denim Jacket £39.50
I don't do jackets. Ask anyone I know and they'll tell you I don't do jackets. Even in the dead of Winter when it's freezing, I'll still just be wearing a big oversized jumper. But when I saw this oversized denim jacked on the M&S website, I fell in love. It looks to be the perfect denim jacket and the best bit, it's oversized. It's a little more than I'd usually happily pay for a jacket but it looks perfect, I'd just need to work out what to wear it with without rocking double denim.

M&S Collection Square Neck Camisole Top £15
I always struggle to find a nice camisole that's not too tight around the bust or too low cut either. And this square neck camisole looks like it could be the answer to all my problems. It doesn't look like it's been too. stitched in around the bust area, which means it could be quite flattering for a lady with a larger bust.

 M&S Collection Scoop Neck Relaxed Fit Vest Top £6.50
I love a good vest top but a lot of the time they are made of that horrid stretchy, clingy material that is so unflattering and end up going baggy around the bust. So this inexpensive basic vest from M&S is right up my street. It's exactly the kind of top I'm looking for to wear when I go and see Carrie Underwood in July. And yes I'm beyong excited!

M&S Collection Square Neck Camisole Top £25
This top is gorgeous. I've actually seen it in Marks and Spencers but haven't had the time to try it on. I love how it's cut with a slight peplum at the bottom the doesn't cling to any areas you don't want to highlight. The tortoishell buttons are a nice on trend touch and the white makes it perfect for Summer.

M&S Collection Embroidered V-Neck Long Sleeve Tunic £27.50
I honestly don't know what's drawn me to this top but by god it's gorgeous. It's very boho yet effortless and not too embellished that you can't wear it during the day. I really like how the sleeves have a slight volume to them but come down to a button cuff so they don't become too voluminous. It looks like the perfect top to wear as the weather gets warmer, cool and on trend but not showing too much skin.


M&S Collection Faux Leather Zip Detail Biker Jacket £45
I don't do jackets, I mentioned it earlier in the post but again when I saw this faux leather biker jacker I knew I had to at least go in store and try it on. Again it's a little more than I'd normally like to pay but I'm starting to learn that you get what you pay for with clothing. This would look good paired with a t-shirt I have my eye on from ASOS that I plan on wearing to Shawn Mendes in a couple weeks.


M&S Collection Floral Print Button Front Waisted Dress £35
I already own this dress. I brought it this weekend just gone to wear to a wedding I'm going to in June. I didn't originally plan on buying this dress but after having tried on eight dresses that ripped a massive hole in my self confidence, this dress easily sewed that hole back up and just screamed at me to buy it. It's a floaty style which means I'll have plenty of room to eat and won't require the dreaded spanx to flatter my figure. It doesn't show any of my bust which has been the biggest issue when dress shopping and the cute fringed sleeves cover the tops of my arms which I don't mind showing but am also happy to keep covered. I just had to share this with you as it's gorgeous, more so in person and would be a great addition to any Summer wardrobe.


M&S Collection Pure Linen Checked Ankle Grazer Trousers £39.50
2019 was the year I decided I wanted to wear bottoms that weren't jeans. And I've quickly learnt that it can be a struggle to find some that don't sit up your ass cheeks, aren't too long and have plenty of stretch in the thigh department. Matalan had some amazing leopard print trousers but they were way to long for me and as I'm not a big heel wearer I had to pass. Yet these ankle grazers look like they could be right up my street. The only problem could be the stretch in them as linen is known for not being very forgiving but they're definitely worth trying on.


M&S Collection Mid Rise Boyfriend Ankle Grazer Jeans £29.50
2019 was also the year I said I was going to take a step back from wearing my standard black skinny jeans and try different colours and different styles. So far I've managed to change from black skinny jeans to blue skinny jeans but I spotted these in M&S the other day and I'm in love. As a lady with larger thighs, I don't always go for looser fitting jeans as they have a tendency to make me look bigger than I actually am but these boyfriend fit jeans look as if they could have that loose fit without being too oversized and baggy. They come in two washes and I love both, even though they're both lighter than the normal shade of blue I'd happily wear when it comes to jeans.


Neon Rose Plus Relaxed T-Shirt With Fleur Graphic via ASOS £16
I don't tend to order many clothes off of ASOS but when I saw this t-shirt I knew that had to change. Recently I've gone off of wearing big prints on the front of my t-shirt but this slightly watercolour based design just instantly caught my eye. I honestly can't tell you why I'm so drawn to this t-shirt but I'm really considering making a last minute order so I can wear this to see Shawn Mendes in a couple weeks.

ASOS Design Curve Button Through Top In Broderie £28
I don't do blouses or shirts. I don't really like collars and how they accentuate my slight double chin but this collarless, cute Summer top with broderie anglaise is just gorgeous. Again it has a stunning button detail down the front and it's pattern is big enough to be noticed but not big enough to show too much flesh underneath. I can imagine this paired with some sliders and some blue skinny jeans would look stunning during the hotter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment