Tuesday 2 April 2019

Review: Loreal Rouge Signature Matte Liquid Lipstick

I love a good liquid lipstick, sure they're not flattering ninety nine percent of the time but I love them. So when I heard Loreal were releasing a new matte liquid lipstick that was comfortable to wear whilst still being highly pigmented, I was instantly curious.

Advertised as a ultra matte liquid lipstick that packs a bold colour pay off alongside a lightweight finish, the Signature Matte Lips come in twelve stunning shades from neutral everyday shades to bright in your face reds. They're supposed to not smudge, flake or dry lips out and are supposedly able to last for twenty four hours.

That all sounds amazing and I so badly wanted to like them but they fell just short of the mark for me. Sure it was a highly pigmented colour that looked stunning on and felt like I was wearing nothing but that for me were the only two positive selling points. It certainly didn't last twenty four hours, in fact it didn't even last four hours on my lips and all I was doing was talking as always and sipping my regular frappucino. And yet it disappeared and I was left with that horrid ring of lip liner around my lips making me look like a 90's throwback wannabe, no wonder it felt like I wasn't wearing anything. Other than that it was drying and left my lips feeling uncomfortable, which was only made worse when it came to removing it. Removing these is a bitch. Sure the initial layer comes off but it leaves behind a stain that no oil cleanser or micellar water can remove without a strong amount of scrubbing. And afterwards you're left with sore, red lips that need even more TLC.

These may look beautiful, the packaging may be sleek and the colour range may be divine but these liquid lipsticks are really not worth the money. I had such high hopes for these and they were just disappointing. I'd advise steering clear of these and saving your money to buy a better quality liquid lipstick, even if that means paying a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment