Wednesday 3 April 2019

Recipe: Mini Egg Rocky Road

I know I'm not alone when I say that Mini Eggs are hard to resist and that there's a likely chance that a good amount of them have been consumed before Easter is even a thought in anyone's mind. I for one am guilty of buying a bag for myself if I've had a particuarly hard day and it was one of these days that got me thinking what recipes would work well with the addition of Mini Eggs. The answer was a lot but I narrowed it down to three, simple yet delicious recipes, the first of which I'm sharing with you today.

Ingredients
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 135g Butter
- 200g Digestives, crushed
- 100g Mini Marshmallows
- 100g Mini Eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp Golden Syrup

Method 
1- Grease and line a 18cm square baking tin with greasproof paper.
2- In a saucepan place the dark chocolate, butter and golden syrup.and melt together. Stir continuously so that nothing gets stuck to the bottom of the pan.
3- If you haven't already crushed your digestives, then crush them now. Don't worry if you have a variety of sized chunks, it'll just add to the end look of your rocky road.
4- Add the biscuits, marshmallows and mini eggs to your chocolate mixture. Combine everything with a wooden spoon/spatula until everything is thoroughly coated in chocolate.
5- Pour into your prepared tin, using you spoon/spatula to spread it out evenly.
6- Chill for a minimum of two hours, checking intermittedly, in the fridge. Once it's completely set, cut into squares or slices and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment