Monday 22 April 2019

GRWM: Remembering The Movies

Earlier this month me and mum went to see Remembering The Movies, a dance performance featuring Janette and Aljaz from Strictly Come Dancing. It was an amazing night that I thoroughly enjoyed, some of which came from more than the performance. My self confidence has been and is still quite low so when my hair, make up and outfit turned out better than expected, I found myself enjoying the night more than I thought I would, so I thought I'd share it with you.

Primer
Yes I know this is way too many primers to be using in one go but trust me, this is ridiculous combination works wonders on my skin and helps keep my make up looking fresh all day long. I start of with the Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Water, followed by the Maybelline SuperStay Primer and Maybelline Master Prime Anti-Redness Primer, finished off with the Loreal Infallible Magic Essence Primer Drops. The combination of all four; yes I said four, smoothes, hydrates, reduces redness and creates the perfect tacky base to apply foundation over top.

Foundation
For foundation I went in with not one but two foundations. And before you think I'm insane but I only used two to create my perfect shade. F1 in the Revolution Conceal And Define Foundation is a little too light for me whilst F2 is a little too dark so the pair mixed together makes my perfect shade. I love the coverage you get with this foundation. It's very high coverage but doesn't leave skin looking or feeling cakey. Plus it blends out like a dream and stays put all day long, something I'd expect with all those primers underneath.

Concealer 
For concealer I went in with two and yes I know I have a problem with using mulitple items when one would suffice but I like how these two work to reduce the appearence of my dark circles whilst brightening the under eye area. I layer the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer over the top of the Maybelline The Eraser Eye and blend it all out with my damp beauty blender. I also like to take a little of the Fit Me Concealer down the centre of my face to brighten and add a little more coverage where my foundation can sometimes disappear without reason.

Brows
For brows I only had one product I reached for. The E.L.F Brow Pencil is my holy grail brow pencil. It's just so easy to fill in any sparse patches whilst creating an amazing defined brow with minimal fuss. I also appreciate the nicely sized spoolie on the other end that brushes out just the right amount of product without leaving you with any new sparse patches.

Lashes 
For my lashes I started off by giving them a really good curl with my eyelash curlers, followed by a coat of the Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer. I love how this helps to keep lashes definition and volume without being heavy like a mascara would. And over top I applied a good layer of the Loreal Volume Million Lashes So Couture. I'd actually forgotten how much I loved this mascara until recently. It's barrel micro bristle brush catches every lash and pushes them up to create a defined lash look that is eye catching yet not over the top.

Lips 
A last minute change to my outfit meant a last minute change of lip product. I was originally going to go with a nude lip but after finding a new top to wear, I changed it to a warmer berry lip. Firstly I lined my lips with the Barry M Lip Liner in Blowout. It came from a limited edition lip kit so I'm sorry to anyone who liked how this looked. Barry M lip liners are ridiculously creamy though and glide effortlessly along the lips. I always overline my lips slightly just so they look a little more even and once I was happy with the shape of them, I went in with the Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink in Founder. These lipsticks don't budge, at all. I ate dinner before we went to the show, didn't top it up and it was still in one piece when I got home a good seven hours later. Sure they're a bitch to remove but the longevity and vividness of each shade is well worth it.

And here's the final look. I apologise for the mess around me but I was more focused on making sure I had a decent selfie over whether you could see my bra in the background. For my outfit I teamed my faithful black super skinny, super high waisted jeans from Primark with this striped t-shirt also from Primark. It was the plum stripes in this top that made me change my lip colour last minute and I'm so glad I did. I paired it all with my new oversized denim jacket from Marks And Spencers and some VANS.

My necklace is this cute little Scorpio necklace from Primark. I picked it up originally in gold because that's all they had and I couldn't leave it behind but I have since picked it up in silver as well. And the best bit, it only cost £2.

And finally for scent, I finally opened my new Rosie For Autograph Wild Floral EDP. This is light yet feminine and floral with a sweet undertone that makes it perfect for Spring/Summer nights. I also absolutely adore the bottle which is very vintage inspired and looks great on my desk with my other perfumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment