Sunday 14 May 2017

Review: Garnier SkinActive Botanicals Skincare Ranges

When it comes to skincare brands on the high street there is only one I trust implicitly and that is Garnier. Unlike other brands on the market I don't have finding products I like and that work for me from Garnier and they don't break the bank either. So when Garnier started changing some of their products I was worried they wouldn't work for me any more. However that wasn't the case.
You may have noticed recently that their SkinActive skincare ranges have been slowly disappearing from shelves and being replaced by their new SkinActive Botanicals ranges. And that's because Garnier have been reformulating and rebranding their SkinActive ranges. And let's just say it's worked very well in their favour.

Each set of products in their newly reformulated range is ranged for a particular skin type. There are products for oily, dry and even sensitive skin types. Each mini range within it has three to four products each ranging from cleansers to toners to moisturisers so let me give you the lowdown on each skin type.

The first range they have is their RoseWater range. This is aimed at dry and sensitive skin types and each products promises to soothe as well as hydrate skin. In the range there is a cream cleanser, toner and moisturiser to choose from. The cream cleanser and moisturiser didn't appeal to me but the toner did as it claimed to soothe and hydrate skin something my skin could do with after cleansing. It's very lightweight on the skin and leave skin feeling refreshed, soothed and soft to the touch after every use.

Then there is the Honey Flower range. This range is designed for dry to very dry skin and promises to soothe and nourish skin. In this range they have a gel wash, toner and moisturiser. The only thing I didn't purchase was the moisturiser as it seemed very thick in texture and something that my skin didn't necessarily need. The gel wash and toner however are definitely something my skin does need. They quench any thirst my skin has as I use them and the gel wash doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry and so far hasn't broken me out. If you don't want something that's too hydrating but just enough to nourish skin then this is the perfect range for you.
 

There is also the Aloe Vera range. This range is designed for normal to combination skin and promises to soothe and refresh skin. This range not only has a gel wash, toner and moisturiser but also a cream cleanser. The gel wash is perfect for those no make up days as it leaves skin looking hydrated yet refreshed and doesn't cause any tightness or irritation. The toner is perfect for toning skin after removing make up. There are times when I use this toner after cleansing and I can feel my skin just drinking it in and letting it work it's magic. I don't have the moisturiser but out of the four to choose from this would be the one I'd probably choose.


And finally you have the Green Tea Range. This range is designed for combination to oily skin and promises to soothe and mattify skin. The gel wash, toner and moisturiser not only contains green tea to help purify the skin but also glycerin so skin still feels hydrated. These haven't quite had as much use as the other three ranges but I have a feeling these are going to come in handy during the warmer months when the heat and humidity cause my skin to look and feel a bit oilier.

And the best bit about these products. They are all free from parabens, silicones and articifical colourants as well as being 96% natural. Instead of being like a lot of other brands that claim to be more natural than the rest, Garnier has actually broken down their ingredients list on the back of each product so you can see where each of them is sourced from and how much of it makes up the product. It makes these products perfect for people who's skin reacts with certain ingredients as they can now see what they're putting on their skin.

Overall I really like this whole new range from Garnier. I haven't tried every product in the range but the ones I have tried have wowed me and totally impressed me, coming across as if their a higher priced brand rather than Garnier. If there were any more products I'd pick up it would probably be the rose moisturiser as well as the aloe vera moisturiser. I couldn't pick just one product that I absolutely love from this range as I love them all and find they really help my skin at different times. If you're struggling with skin issues/complaints then I highly suggest checking these ranges out. With the wide selection of products there is guaranteed to be something out there for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment