Tuesday 9 May 2017

Review: Make Up Revolution Luxury Banana Powder

I'm going to put a full disclaimer out now, this post is going to be a Debbie Downer kind of post. And it's not because this product is terrible but purely because it didn't work for me. And again not every product is going to work for everyone. Whilst this didn't work for me, this could work for you.

If you're wondering what product I'm talking about it's the Make Up Revolution Luxury Banana Powder. This is a lightweight loose powder which is yellow in colour and is supposed to set make up in place, reduce shine and help reduce the appearence of redness or pink tones in the skin. It's colouring also adds colour and warmth to the skin when you apply it.

I'd like to say let's start with the things I liked about this product but really all it consists of is the easy to use packaging and the lightweight feel of the powder once applied on the skin. Sure this powder is supposed to add warmth to the skin but when I was wearing this it makes my skin/foundation look orange after a few hours. Under the eyes I found this clung weirdly and accentuated any imperfections I had around the eyes and it didn't help prolong the wear of my concealer.

If I wasn't so fair in colouring I'd probably really enjoy this product but when I was wearing it I found myself catching glimpses in any mirror and having a really orange looking forehead and jawline which is just not a good look. If you have light not fair to medium skintones then this powder will work nicely with your skin. Anyone who uses the shade porcelain or below I suggest staying away from it, it will not play nicely with any of your base products. And as I said at the beginning of this post, this may not have worked for me but it doesn't mean it won't work for you. If you've tried banana powders in the past and enjoyed them then definitely check this one out. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I read this as I had wanted to try this for ages but I'm super fair too so I think I'll continue looking for a decent powder!
    www.kayleytalksmakeup.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're looking for a good powder, Barry M have recently released a transparent setting loose powder which seems to have a very nice consistency

      Delete