Wednesday 31 May 2017

Day Test: New Look Lip Liner and Matte Lipstick

 
Back in November New Look relaunched their Beauty range and extended the size of their collection. Part of that collection was a range of matte lipsticks and co-ordinating lip liners. So of course me being a matte girl I had to pick one up. And today I'm going to day test them both to see if they're as good as they seem.

I picked up the shade Mulberry in both the lip liner and the matte lipstick. It's stunning berry shade that is more purple in tone than other shades. 

10:30am: I start off by rubbing away any excess lip balm I have on. Then it's on with the lip liner and I have to say I'm really impressed by this lip liner. It's creamy, highly pigmented and opaque enough that you don't have to keep going over it. Plus because of it's creamy texture if you make even the tiniest of mistakes then it wipes away easily and doesn't leave a stain behind. Now it's time for lipstick and I have to say I was quite disappointed in the lipstick. It was glided nicely onto the lips but wasn't as pigmented as the lip liner and left behind a rather patchy covering that would have looked worse if I hadn't filled in my entire lips with lip liner. I blotted some off and reapplied hoping that would help and whilst it looked ever so slightly uneven it wasn't that obvious.

2:30pm:Four hours have passed and whilst it's feeling comfortable on the lips it's not looking fantastic. Where it looked patchy before it's gotten even worse and if it wasn't for the lip liner underneath then you would definitely be able to see the skin of my lip. I'd like to reapply over the top but think that it would take even more product off and look even worse. So instead I wipe away most of it before going back in with the lip liner and then more lipstick. However it's still not looking good and I'm heading out for the afternoon/evening so it has to.

6:30pm: Another four hours have passed and I'm ready to take this off. It's patchy, uneven, bleeding around the edges even with lip liner and is starting to feel uncomfortable. I can't help it, it has to come off. It not only looks horrendous but it's very uncofomortable and I'd quite like to do nothing more than slather my lips in lip balm. I'm not at home but luckily I always carry a pack of face wipes for swatches with me. It leaves a slight stain on the lips but it generally just looks like your wearing a lip stain instead of remnants of lipstick. I can feel my lips thanking me as I slather on my lip balm and whilst I enjoyed the lip liner I will not be reaching for the lipstick in a hurry.

Overall the lip liner was lovely, it was creamy, pigmented and didn't drag or pull at the lips. The lipstick however was the disappointment of the two. It took more product off than it applied, the product it did leave behind was patchy and uneven. And it smudged over the lip liner and bled along the lip line even though it didn't obviously transfer elsewhere. I wouldn't buy another lipstick if they are all the same quality as this one but would happily try another shade in the lip liner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment