Thursday 1 June 2017

Review: Barry M Coconut Infusion Nail Paints Summer Releases

For the longest time I stopped painting my nails. Essentially I got lazy and couldn't be bothered to spend time painting my nails beautiful colours that would just get ruined at work. That was until I got bit by the nail painting bug again and conincidentally Barry M released a set of new nail paints perfect for the warmer weather we've been enjoying.

There are four new shades in The Coconut Infusion Range and each one is bright, bold and beautiful in it's own way. There is:

Scuba. This is a stunning blue shade which is completely unique to any other blue shade that Barry M has released before.

 Popsicle. This is a bright pink but is more raspberry in tone than bubblegum which makes it perfect for people who are a bit unsure of pink nails.

Flip Flop. What an orange. This shade is absolutely beautiful and looks stunning on both fingers and toes. Definitely one that'll pop beautifully with a tan.

 And finally Lemonade. This is a stunning unique shade. It's yellow but not too sickly and has a fluorescent edge to it that'll really show well against tanned skin. Brilliant shade for toes if it's a bit too bold for your liking.

All four shades are infused with a mixture of Coconut Oil and Coconut Water to nourish the nail whilst you wear it. They advise not wearing a base coat with these polishes so that nails really benefit from the extra ingredients in these colours. Each shade has a flat, wide, square ended brush that coats the nail in one swipe and leaves behind a stunning, high shine, opaque colour.

As for these four shades in particular, my god they are beautiful. I didn't even wait to get home before I swatched them on my nails. Scuba, Popsicle and Flip Flop go on beautifully in one coat on the nail but Lemonade being such a difficult shade in general takes another coat, not only to give it an opaque finish but also add a pop to the colour. And they last brilliantly on the nail. I have a very hands on job and these didn't chip or flake even though I wasn't being gentle with my nails. When they did chip though and it was time to take them off, I was very happily surprised to see that the shades I was worried about staining, didn't leave a stain behind at all. Usually such highly pigmented bright shades like these stain the nail but there wasn't even a hint of one after I took this off.

If you're looking for a new summer nail paint then I highly recommend you check them out. Not only are they bright and perfect the warmer weather but they also look after the nail as you wear them. Their one of the slightly pricier ranges in the Barry M nail collection but they're well worth the price tag. And if these don't catch your fancy then there are other shades that will surely catch your liking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment