Sunday 25 June 2017

Monthly Favourites: May

 
When it comes to Monthly Favourites there are some months that absolutely fly by and I can never remember any of the products I've been loving at all. This month however has dragged a bit so I was able to gather my favourites without worrying I'd forgotten one.

My first favourite of the month are these Naturally Radiant Glycolic Cleansing Pads.These are pre soaked pads that work to cleanse and exfoliate the skin. The Glycolic Acid and Fruit Acid formula works to loosen and remove dead skin cells. Normally I would use the Nip and Fab version in the light blue packaging but I've found these had been more effective and my skin has seen more results from these. These are perfect in the morning for tightening skin before make up application or as an exfoliating toner type product in the evenings.

An old favourite of mine that I rediscovered this month is the Loreal Micellar Water. It's the only micellar water I've tried that didn't break me out instantaneously and I've tried a few. It's more water than anything and works to really clean deep into pores and remove all impurities from the skin. I've really enjoyed using this after I've taken my make up off to just refresh and soothe my skin and even though it doesn't claim to hydrate the skin there's something in there that just leaves my skin feeling hydrated after every use.

Another product I've enjoyed for refreshing and soothing my skin this month is the La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water. I've never tried anything from La Roche Posay before and thought this would be a good product to test the waters with. I absolutely love it, it leaves my skin feeling hydrated, refreshed and soothed but not drenched or dripping wet. This has been perfect over the last week or so to refresh my skin whilst I'm at work as it's been humid as hell and we have no air con. Definitely a product I'm going to pick up in a larger size next time I'm in Boots.

A product I initially put into my disappointed products post ages ago was this Neutrogena Hydro Boost Exfoliator. However I picked up again this month and absolutely adore this. This is a gel exfoliator that isn't too harsh or drying on the skin and that's because it contains Hyaluronic Acid that locks in any moisture your skin already has. This has left my skin feeling and looking less textured and softer than any other scrub I have tried recently. It just proves that you can't always judge a product but one initial use.

A set of under eye patches I've been obsessed with this month comes from Rodial. Their Dragon's Blood Eye Masks have really worked wonders on my under eye area. I've been enjoying using these on days where my eyes look their worst and the results are amazing. My eyes don't look as puffy, the skin under the looks smoother and my dark circles look diminished. They are on the slightly pricier side of things but when the results are as good as they have been I don't mind paying out a little extra.

A moisturiser that I haven't used constantly used this month but have thoroughly enjoyed each time I have used it comes from Liz Earle. Their SuperSkin Moisturiser has been perfect for days when my skin has felt that bit drier and needed a little more TLC. Containing Cranberry and Rosehip Seed Oil, this soothes my skin whilst hydrating it in small bursts over a long period of time. I only have a small sample size I recieved at a Liz Earle event but I will definitely be purchasing a full sized pot when this runs out.

There have been a couple of new releases from Barry M this month that I've absolutely loved. The first is their new Lash Saver Volumising and Growth Accelerating Lash Primer. This is a white lash primer that can be worn under mascara to help condition and accelerate the growth of your lashes. I've not only been enjoying this because it's really helped the condition of my lashes but also helped prolong the wear of my mascara. Normally my lashes droop and fall flat but since I've been using this under my mascara my curl seems to last longer and if they look like their drooping I can push them back up into a curl. A full review is coming soon.

And the second new release from Barry M that I've been enjoying this month is their Ready Set Smooth Loose Setting Powder. This is a fine loose powder that is translucent in colour and is perfect for both under the eyes and around the rest of the face. It absorbs oil and helps combat shine without leaving skin looking to powdery or unnatural looking. It really helps prolong the wear of the concealer under my eyes without it looking caking or full of creases. There is no flashback with this powder so is perfect for prolonging make up especially for big events. A full review will be up soon.

The only non beauty favourite I have this month is these sunglasses from Primark. These sunglasses remind me a lot of the Celine Tilda Sunglasses but are not exact replica's and only cost a fraction of the price. As the weather has turned warmer and the pollen count has risen I've found myself reaching for these a lot more than my other sunglasses, their oversized, cover most of my face and actually protect my eyes from any irritations as well as the glare of the sun when we've seen it. And my favourite part of them is that they only cost £3.

No comments:

Post a Comment