Sunday 18 June 2017

Top 5 Beauty Favourites Of 2017 So Far

It's the middle of June, we're halfway through the year and I have absolutely no idea where the first six months of 2017 have gone. What I do know is that it's time for my mid-year favourites. It's always hard whittling down my top five of the year so far, especially this year. However I've managed to choose five of my favourite this year, some new, some old but all amazing.

Loreal Total Cover Foundation 
I can't do a mid-year favourites without mentioning this first product. The Loreal Total Cover came out in February and blew away any other foundation I had on the go straight away. It's high coverage claims, matte finish and lightweight feel on the skin not only had me intrigued but also impressed. From the first wear I was blown away by this. I suffer a lot with redness and this foundation covered it without making my skin looking cakey or overdone. And every time I've used this my skin has looked perfected but not overdone and still skinlike, something I thoroughly enjoy about this product. I never usually finish a foundation because there's always another that catches my eye but this one is very near done with and I wouldn't hesistate to buy another tube, it's just that good.

Maybelline SuperStay Primer
And to go with the Loreal Total Cover I just had to mention the only primer I ever reach for. Another new release earlier this year, Maybelline extended their SuperStay range with a primer. Now Maybelline is well known for their loved Baby Skin primer but their latest one blows it straight out the water. Thin in consistency, flesh toned, lightweight and make up saver, this primer not only prolongs the wear of make up but also aids with the control of oil and keeps skin shine free for longer. I've gone through so many of these already this year as it's the only primer that agrees with each of my different foundations and hasn't changed with each use. I can already picture how many more of these I'm going to go through this year.

 Elizabeth And James Nirvana White
 I haven't changed my perfume in the longest time, wearing the same four on rotation on a daily basis. But then Jasmin went to New York and ever so kindly brought me back a rollerball of Elizabeth and James' Nirvana White. With notes of Peony and Musk this is light enough for me to wear throughout the day but still makes me stop and notice it when I get a whiff. I've enjoyed pairing this with my Rosie For Autograph Summer Rose fragrance throughout the day or the Rosie For Autograph Nuit EDP in the evening. Most days though I just swipe it across my pulse points and let it works it own wonders. I'd definitely buy a full size bottle of this and would love to smell the other scents in the range.

 Alpha H Liquid Gold With Glycolic Acid
I product I only discovered this year but fell in love with instantly is Alpha H's bestselling Liquid Gold Skin Treatment. Containing around 5% Glycolic Acid this can be used a toner to help resurface, retexturise and firm skin. I've really enjoyed using this in place of a toner two to three times a week and it's results are phenomenal. My skin feels softer, smoother and firmer. It's not advised for those with sensitive skins but I think it depends on how your skin reacts to Glycolic Acid in general depends on how well your skin will react to this particular product.

Garnier Moisture Bomb Glow Enhancer Water Cream
 And my last beauty favourite so far this year is from Garnier. It's their Moisture Bomb Glow Enhancer Water Cream, a lighter version of their original Moisture Bomb Day Cream. This lightweight water based cream is perfect for layering under make up or wearing alone. It's peachy tone adds a glow to the skin that translates beautifully under make up but doesn't leave skin looking sweaty or excessively oily. It contains Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin and Pomergranate Extract and adds enough hydration to the skin throughout the day without having to use excess amount of product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment