Tuesday 27 June 2017

Review: Barry M Ready Set Loose Setting Powder

Pressed powders were always my preferred way of setting my make up. They seemed to sit better and prolong the wear of my make up and didn't look as cakey or powdery in finish. That's until Barry M released their new loose setting powder.

Their Ready Set Smooth Loose Setting Powder is a lightweight transparent powder that claims to absorb oil as well as leave skin looking shine free. It comes in a hand travel friendly compact with it's own mirror and powder puff. It's lightweight enough to be able to be used under the eyes as well as down the t-zone and the rest of the face.

And it's completely changed my opinion on loose powders. Instead of making my face look dry and powdery, it made it look matte but not flat and any healthy glow my skin had could still shine through where I hadn't place the powder. It works amazing under the eyes, concealer didn't crease or disappear throughout the day and unlike other powders beforehand this didn't leave the skin under the eye looking dry or crepe like. It did occasionally settle around my nose but there isn't a powder out there that doesn't do that to me but around the rest of my face it sat perfectly and didn't highlight any mishaps or issues I had with my skin.

I initially started using this product with a brush because I didn't think the puff would be much good but in fact it not only comes in handy for on the go top ups but inital application as well. Because it's soft and easy to move you can easily scrunch it up and use it in those places where a brush doesn't quite reach. The only downfall to it is that it gets grubby very quickly which makes it less than pleasant to whip out when you need to touch up on the go.

Overall I love this product, it's been the only powder I've been using since it's release and I already can say that I would/will happily repurchase this when necessary. It's inexpensive, easy to use, gives brilliant results and just doesn't disappoint. Readily available at Barry M stands in both Superdrug and Boots, I'd recommend checking it out when you're browsing the make up aisles next.

No comments:

Post a Comment