Tuesday 20 June 2017

Review: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Exfoliator

When I first tried this product I actually hated it. It didn't exfoliate my skin like I wanted it to and I think it was partly to blame for giving me a rash across my chin and jawline. However when I was shopping my stash I found it again and thought I'd give it a go. Never has my opinion of a product changed so rapidly after one more use.

The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Exfoliator is a unique type of facial scrub. It's more of a gel texture and doesn't contain harsh particles that irritate the skin or leave it feeling tight or dry. It also contains Hyaluronic Acid which not only boosts skins hydration but helps skin hold onto any other moisture that skin has in it or placed upon it.

This is very thick in texture and requires some work before you can apply it to the skin. A bit of water and a rub between your fingers and it turns from it's thick gel like formula to a more milky consistency. Once it's turned more into a milk is the perfect time to apply it to the skin. It's more gentle on the skin in milk form and whilst the exfoliating particles still work they're not as abrasive so are less likely to irritate or aggravate skin. Once it's washed away skin is left feeling smooth to the touch, texture free and suprisngly hydrated. Initially I blamed this for a rash that I had after I used this for the first time but after using it for a good month now I'm sure that it wasn't this that did it.

I really love this exfoliator. It works, it's not too harsh, it moisturises as it works and it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight afterwards. It's not one of the most inexpensive scrubs on the high street but it's a lot more effective and sensitive skin friendly than other more expensive, better known scrubs on the high street. If you have sensitive, dry, oily or normal skin then you can use it and not worry about any adverse reactions. I'd highly recommend checking it out alongside the rest of the Hydro Boost Range when you're in Boots or Superdrug next.

No comments:

Post a Comment