Thursday 11 May 2017

Review: Yesto Cucumber Two Step Eye Kit

Dark circles are the bane of my life, no  matter how many hours sleep I get or litres of water I've drunk, my occasionally horrendous dark circles never seem to disappear. So I started looking at solutions if not permanent at least temporary. And that's where under eye patches come into it.

There are so many under eye patches to choose from, from high end brands such as Estee Lauder and Skyn Iceland to more budget friendly options such as Masque Bar and Yesto who's product I'm talking to you about today. Recently Yesto have released a selection of Kits ranging from pore reducing, lip scrubbing to conquering dark circles and under eye bags. I've already tried the Yesto Tomato Nose Strip Kit and loved it, so when I saw the Cucumber Eye Kit I couldn't resist picking one up.

A two step kit that's designed to reduce the appearence of dark circles and depuff and soothe under bags. The first step is a pair of under eye patches that are soaked in Cucumber, Caffeine and Evodia Fruit that are supposed to soothe and depuff the under eye area. The second step is a Cucumber infused eye treatment that helps with the appearence of dark circles.

The pre soaked eye patches are saturated in a cucumber and caffeine mix. The cucumber helps to soothe the under eye area whilst the caffiene works to reduce any puffiness around the area and helps reduce the appearence of dark circles. And they really do feel very cooling and soothing on the under eye area. I did struggle to apply this in a way that was comfortable and getting the most from the product itself. Once I had them in place I left them for twenty minutes and found they didn't move or slide about unlike other eye patches I'd tried in the past. Once I took these off my under eye area looked refreshed and didn't look puffy or tired looking.

Then it was onto the eye treatment. This is a very thick cream and reminded me a lot of a general night cream. It smelt strongly of cucumber but felt very luxurious as I applied it and once it had sunk in left my under eye area feeling very soft, smooth and moisturised. It didn't appear to reduce the appearence of my dark circles though which I found a little disappointing.

Overall I really enjoyed this product. The eye patches worked really well and were really good quality for the price tag. The eye treatment whilst I enjoyed it didn't really meet my expectations and once I'd used as much as I thought I needed there was still a lot of product left which I found a bit wasteful. However that is my only issue with this product as a whole. I would buy/will be buying this product again as I really enjoyed the eye patches on their own. At only £4.99 a pack these are a great budget pamper treat that not only meet skins needs but are also paraben, SLS and silicone free. Currently on offer at Boots I'd highly recommend checking these out when you're browsing their skincare aisle next.

No comments:

Post a Comment