Sunday 7 May 2017

Review: Loreal Miss Baby Roll Mascara

 
When it comes to mascara I'm not particuarly picky. about. I have my favourites but am never against giving the latest releases a go. And to begin with the latest Loreal release didn't really jump out at me. But then I saw a bunch of brilliant reviews and a family friend wearing it and just had to get it.

The new Loreal Miss Baby Roll Mascara doesn't just come in your bog standard black, black brown and waterproof. No this mascara comes in black waterproof, black, indigo, teal and lilac which makes it perfect for adding a pop of colour to any look, perfect for the upcoming warmer months and festival season.

This has a very unique looking brush. It has your standard multi bristle look to it but these bristles are shaped into a spiral. I'm not sure if it meant that it would grip the lashes better and give a better curl but I do think they've designed the brush to work with the name and that the spiralised brush would work wonders if you rolled it as you applied it.

Initally I wasn't too impressed with this mascara, it just seemed to clump my lashes together and my curl didn't stay in place as long as it does with other mascaras. However the second time I tried it I was more than impressed with how it lifted and seperated my lashes to give them a volumised fanned out look. It made my eyes like wider and more awake looking and I was quite impressed as my lashes held the curl a lot longer than usual. I found this mascara gave more volume if you did in fact twist the brush as you applied it.

My only bug bear with this mascara is the formula, I like how it works to give my lashes tons of volume and does what it says on the tin but removing it is a right pain in the ass. I use a bio phase oil based eye make remover which usually works wonders and removes all signs of mascara. However this mascara doesn't really budge even if you soak you cotton pad with eye make up remover. I find myself rubbing my eyes a lot more than necessary to remove this which is something I'm not a fan of doing. And this is the non waterproof version, so imagine how hard the waterproof version would be to get off.

Overall this is a nice mascara, it holds a curl, gives lashes a defined volumised look but let's itself down by being so darn hard to remove. If that's your kind of formula then you'll enjoy this mascara but if you don't then I'd suggest trying Loreal's Miss Hippie Mascara instead. The coloured mascaras are stunning but not up my street but if you have a hot summer holiday coming up or a ticket for a festival and want to try something new then I'd suggest picking one of these up. A nice mascara from Loreal but not one I think I'm going to find myself reaching for a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment