Wednesday 8 August 2018

GRWM: Day At The Zoo

On Monday me and mum went to Marwell Zoo. We had a fantastic day even if I was asleep before head even hit the pillow that night. And I was going to do a GRWM that showed the minimal make up look I was going to go for but I didn't end up wearing make up and I'm glad considering it got to a good thirty degrees as we walked round there. So instead I'm showing you the things I packed in my backpack as well as a few tips that I found came in handy.

As I didn't wear make up, I thought I'd share my skincare for the day with you. It's all very lightweight and simple at the moment as I don't want to clog my pores and cause unnecessary break outs. Two stand out products I had to use though were my Optimum Glycolic Pads, this just really tighten the skin and leave it feeling soft and smooth to the touch and the Hawaiian Tropic SPF30 for the face. I don't go anywhere without putting a layer of this on and Monday was now different. And I even took a different facial SPF to spray my face with as I walked around Marwell.

My outfit was pretty simple, I went for a white t-shirt and black jeans but both went straight in the wash when I got home, hence the lack of picture. And I paired them with these faux Vans-esque shoe from Primark. And by god were they comfortable. These have a cushioned insole that makes wearing them for hours at a time a dream. My shoulders ached from carrying a backpack all day but my feet felt fine and I put it all down to these shoes. I highly recommend wearing your comfiest shoes when it comes to trips to the zoo. I saw a lot of women in shoes that looked nice but offered little comfort and I just knew they'd be regretting it at the end of the day.

The backpack I took is this rather shapeless looking yet amazingly functional one from Primark. I used it last year when I went to Marwell with Lauren and her childrens and it easily held so much stuff so taking it again this year was a no brainer. This managed to hold my lunch, a 1.5 litre bottle of water as well as the other essentials I packed with me.

If you saw my What's In My Bag then you'll know I carry a rather large purse and for the day out I didn't want to carry that around on top of everything else So I transferred the money I took and any cards I needed over into this Minnie Mouse card holder and Aladdin pouch. It made it a lot more slimline and I could easily slide it down to the bottom of my backpack without creating a bulge or bulking the bag out.

Alongside everything else I packed three essentials that definitely came in handy throughout the day. The first is headache pills, I really needed this as I ended up with a headache from hell. I never go anywhere without the Anadin Actifast Paracetamol Tablets. They work really well at getting rid of a headache in record time. The second is a antibacterial hand gel, mine's the Hand Maid from Soap and Glory but I saw a variety of hand gels as I walked around the zoo. Because toilets were far and few between, this was great at giving my hands a clean feeling without having to double back to the nearest toilet block. And the last was a pack of pocket tissues, I suffer with hayfever so these definitely came in handy as Marwell was quite dry and dusty which made my nose itch quite a bit.

Something I thought would be a necessity was sunglasses and I took my favourite pair from Primark because if I'd lost them I wouldn't have wasted a lot on them. However I barely wore them, firstly because it made it harder to see the pictures I was taking and secondly I didn't really want to get a nice big glasses mark if I did happen to catch the sun. I do wish I'd worn them more though as I think squinting as I walked around gave me the headache that made me feel like utter crap.

And the last thing I took was my iPad Mini. I would have preferred to have taken my new iPad as the picture quality on that is amazing but because it is so new, I decided to take the Mini. It got me the pictures I wanted and managed to last the whole day without dying so I was impressed. I saw a lot of people with massive, professional cameras but unfortunately one of those isn't in my budget so I made do with my Mini.

No comments:

Post a Comment