Friday 10 August 2018

Review: Garnier Moisture Bomb Eye Tissue Masks

I love a good under eye patch and am slowly working my way through every pair available in the beauty industry. And for the longest time I wondered why Garnier hadn't added a under eye patch to their ever growing skincare ranges. That is until recently. I've had these sat in my collection for the last month but didn't use them until I had a back up of each waiting in my eye patch basket.

Their Moisture Bomb Eye Tissue Masks are an extension of their popular Moisture Bomb mask range. There are two under eye masks in the range. One is a pair of conventional looking under eye patches and the other is a mask that sits over the entire eye area. The patches contain Orange Juice and Hyalruonic Acid that work to reduce the appearence of bags and brighten the under eye area. They're a material mask which can sometimes be a pain to work with but these are simple and easy to use, something I put down to their size.

The eye mask on the other hand contains Hyaluronic Acid and Coconut Water to reduce the appearence of fine lines whilst simultaneously hydrating and redefining the under eye area. Both the patches and the mask claim to reduce the skin's temperature by up to four degrees when used but can be more if they are stored in the fridge beforehand. They're also fragrance free so they're very unlikely to irritate anyone's eyes but if they do, taking them off and rinsing your eyes is the obvious solution yet I think that the majority of people would be fine using these.

I like these, I'm a huge fan of Garnier and their Moisture Bomb range anyway, so it was a given that these weren't going to let me down. The patches are absolutely massive which surprised me at first but after wearing them, I see that my skin benefited from them being bigger. My under eye area looked brighter, felt smoother and any puffiness that I had, hadn't gone completely but had reduced significantly and made me look more awake and alert. The eye mask thankfully fit perfectly to the contours of my face and didn't slip or drop off when I moved, even if I did look like a member of the Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles. It was extremely cooling on the skin and left my under eye area feeling smoother and hydrated, pretty much creating the perfect canvas for make up if I had worn any the day I used it. I've tried a variety of different under eye patches/masks and whilst these won't knock my holy grail Rodial under eye masks off the top spot, they come a close second. They don't cost the earth and actually work unlike other high street options that claim to work when in fact they leave the under eye area feeling tighter than it was before you applied the mask. Definitely a new release I'd recommend checking out if you're in the market for some under eye masks or are just a massive fan of Garnier like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment