Wednesday 22 August 2018

Review: T-Zone Charcoal Under Eye Patches

I love a good under eye patch and if you've been reading for a while then you'll know that. I also like to try every new offering the beauty world releases. So far this month I've tried the new Garnier Moisture Bomb Under Eye Patches and loved them as well as these new charcoal and bamboo patches from T-Zone, which is today's subject matter.

These intrigued me from the get go. One they contained charcoal, two they were black in colour and three they were made of  hydrogel instead of material, something unusual for more inexpensive under eye patches. Containing activated charcoal, this masks are designed to hydrate, cool and brighten tired or puffy eyes. And I have to admit they do actually do a really good job of cooling and removing signs of puffiness but I wouldn't go as far as to say these hydrated and brigthened my under eye area. A lot of this comes from the fact that they're that saturated in product they slip down your face as you wear them and readjusting them is required every few minutes. In fact I found I had to apply eye cream as soon as I'd removed them to hydrate the area whilst staring slightly horrified at how pronounced my dark circles were, something I'm not sure I can put down to using these patches and something I've never noticed after using various other eye masks.

An upside to this product is that you get four in the pack for around a fiver which is how much I sometimes pay for one pack of higher end patches. Each pair comes individually packaged in a foil pack; I assume to keep the hydrogel as fresh and saturated as possible, as nobody like a dried out eye patch. However getting into said individual pack is a pain and I find I have to cut around and as close to each patch as possible to get them out with tearing a chunk out of them. Overall I think the basis for this product is good and that T-Zone did an okay job for their first attempt but these aren't an eye patch that I'd rush out and buy again. Maybe if T-Zone took them back to the drawing board and modified them every so slightly so they were easier to get into and didn't slide down your face as soon as apply them, then they have the potential to be a great product, especially one available on the hight street at a reasonable price. For now though, I think I'm going to stick to others I like more.

No comments:

Post a Comment