Saturday 3 October 2015

Drugstore Haul

Most months you can guarantee that at least one brand on the high street has a new release or two. This month though, quite a few brands have brought out new shiny products that immediately caught my eye. And of course I just had to share them with you.

The first thing I had to pick up were these new releases from Barry M. The first lot I picked up was their new Midnight Gelly Hi Shine Range. These are four off black shades that are perfect for the upcoming seasons. They have Black Cherry, Black Grape, Black Pistachio and Black Currant and all four are stunning. Each one looks black in the bottle but when you put it against the light, you can see the hint of each colour. I'm really looking forward to wearing Black Pistachio and Black Cherry as I don't have anything like them in my collection.

The next two new releases I picked up from Barry M are what I believe to be their two glittery limited edition seasonal releases. And I'm in love with them. There are only two shades and naturally I had to pick up both. The one on the left is Sparkling Amethyst and the one on the right is Sparkling Ruby. Both are thick formula glitter polishes that once on the nail are bumpy or patchy like some glitters. These are smooth and opaque, only one coat gives a bright glittery finish. And the best bit, they're not impossible to remove like most glitter polishes. I highly recommend checking these out if you like to break out the glitter around this time of the year.

And as I spent more than £7 pounds on Barry M in Superdrug I got a free Showgirl Mascara. I've already tried the Extra Volume Showgirl Mascara and loved it so I thought I'd go for the Extra Lengthing version this time. And so far I like it. The brush fits nicely to the contour of my eye and gives me a fluttery finish to my lashes that I prefer over some of the more volumising mascaras. However if you want both volume and length I suggest using the two together to get the best of both worlds.

And finally for this haul I picked up two new lip liners from Rimmel. These are two out of the five new releases that came out at the beginning of last week. I picked up the shades Under My Spell and You're All Mine. Under My Spell is a beautiful purple toned plum and You're All  Mine is a stunning pink shade that doesn't run to bubblegum pink on the lips. I like that they are easy to apply, giving a creamy opaque colour but I did find that they were a bit creamy than the original shades and I found they did smudge ever so slightly throughout the day. Under My Spell is my favourite of the two shades and I can see myself wearing this quite a lot over the next few months however I do find it can be very unforgiving if you don't have perfectly exfoliated/moisturised lips.

So that's it for my haul. I know it was only small but these were the only new releases that really jumped out at me. Have you tried any of these new releases? Do you have any recommendations of new products to try?  Let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment