Thursday 8 October 2015

My Pampering Routine

When I've had a extra long day at work there is only one thing I have on mind and that is pampering myself. Nothing beats giving myself a treat after a long day so I'd thought today I'd share my routine with you.

The first thing I do after making myself a cup of tea is run myself a bath. There's nothing like a long soak in the bath to help relax at the end of the day. I always make sure I put in a generous amount of bubble bath when I pamper myself. My favourite is Imperial Leather's Paradise Island Bath Cream, it smells like peaches which automatically makes me smile and the scent lingers well after I've had a bath. Once I've run my bath I usually chuck a bath bomb in to give it a little something extra. My favourite is Butterball from Lush but I don't have any at the moment so I just chuck in a chunk of The Comforter.

The other two products I always have to have with me when I pamper myself is my Soap And Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub and my Imperial Leather Fruit Salad Shower Creme. My Sugar Crush Body Scrub smells like chocolate limes and mixed with my Fruit Salad Shower Creme, my bathroom smells somewhat like a cocktail. All the scents from my bubble bath, body scrub and shower creme instantly relax me.

 And while my bath is running I wash off my make up. The last thing I want on my skin after a long day at work is a layer of make up. Keeping my eye on the bath I fill my tap with warm water and squirt four pumps of Soap And Glory's Peaches And Clean Deep Cleansing Milk into the palm of my hand. Four pumps is enough to do my face and my eye make up. Once I've washed it off my face with a damp flannel, I slather my face in Sanctuary's 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask. This mask is my holy grail mask as it pulls all the crap out my face and leaves it feeling refreshed and soft.

Once I'm in the bath and I've used my body scrub and shower creme, I remove my face mask with the same damp flannel I used to wash my make up off. And once that's all done I like to use a pore strip on my nose to pull any crap my mask has missed out of my skin. I find using these in the bath is better as the warmth from the bath opens up the pores and they sit better on the skin. I used Superdrug's Deep Action Pore Cleansing Nose Strips. I find they work just as well as others but only cost a fraction of the price. My favourite bit of using these is taking them off and looking at all the crap it's pulled out of my skin.

Once I've gotten out of the bath I dry myself off and wrap myself up in my Rosie For Autograph Dressing Gown. And then I move onto my evening skincare routine. I always go for a massive overdose of hydration in the evening as there are days when my skin feels dry from my days make up. Now my skin is cleansed and refreshed I spritz my face with the Vitamin E Refreshing Toning Mist. I love how it gives my skin a quick boost of hydration whilst leaving it feeling soft and soothed. Once that's settled into my skin I move onto my serum. My favourite is the Clearly Youthful Hydrating Day Serum as it really leaves my skin feeling hydrated after every use. I pop three pumps of this onto my fingertips and pat it gently into my skin, rubbing in any excess left on my skin.

Once I've rubbed that in I move onto my night cream. Sleeping Creams/Masks are my favourite type of night time moisturiser as I see geniuine results after every use. My favourite is the Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream. It's a very thick formula that bounces back into shape after every use. It's a lot like The Body Shop's Drops Of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask, thick in textire but sinks into skin quickly. I love how I put this on in the evening and in the morning my skin looks refreshed, my redness is diminshed and my dark circles look less prominent.

Once every thing is scrubbed and moisturised I settle in with something good to watch and paint my nails. First off I paint my tootsies and for that I've chosen to go with Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Mustard. I absolutely love this colour but can't wear it on my nails as I know it would look horrendous but on my toes it looks beautiful. I love how the shade is bright but not too over the top. And for my fingers I chose one of the new Barry M Midnight Gelly Hi Shine Polishes in the shade Black Pistachio. I love how this polish looks black in some lights but in others you can see how deep the green is. Both of these polishes are opaque in one coat but I always go in with two coats to add a depth to the colour.

So that's it for my pampering routine. Do any of you have a particular routine you pamper yourself with? Or has this helped you think of creating one? As always let me know in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment