Monday 5 October 2015

Review: Barry M Daylight Curing Autumn Releases

When it comes to nail polish releases there is only one brand I care for. And said brand didn't disappoint. If you've been reading my blog for a while now then you'll know my number one go to nail brand is Barry M. They never fail to deliever brilliant ranges of polish every season. And this Autumnal release doesn't disappoint either.

The new Daylight Curing Nail Paints are exactly the kind of colours I look for in an Autumn nail. There are four shades in the collection but only three of them jumped out at me. The shades I picked up are Vengance is Wine, Plum On Baby and Dark Side of The Shroom. My favourite of the three is Dark Side Of The Shroom, a dirty mauve shade that screams neutral nails with twist. Vengance is Wine is also a nice shade but I find that the darker shades are slightly harder to work with when applying them.

I've tried the original Daylight Curing Shades and wasn't very impressed with them but with these new releases I am. It's as if they've changed the formula so that the shades are more opaque and take less coats to apply. Dark Side of The Shroom whilst my favourite shade was the one I found to chip the quickest, I'm not sure if it's because my job is very hands on or if it was the formula but I also found this with the paler shades in the original releases.

After trying Dark Side of The Shroom I was prepared to be disappointed by the other shades as well. However Vengance is Wine completely changed my opinion and I can already tell I'm going to get a lot of wear out of it. I put Vengance is Wine on last Tuesday and it's only just started chipping as I write this post on Sunday. I'm amazed, usually my nails only last about two days before chipping but this has managed to last five days and only chipped now. As I said before I'm not sure if it's because they've changed the formula but I'm very impressed by the lasting power of this shade. Let's just hope Plum On Baby gives me the same result.

If you're looking for a new Autumn Nail Polish or just a massive fan of Barry M, I highly recommend checking these out. It can be a faff having to buy the seperate top coat but once you've got it, you're free to buy as many of the colours as you want. I'm looking forward to seeing what future shades the Daylight Curing Range releases.

Have you tried these? What did you think? Did you like them or not? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment