Thursday 15 October 2015

Top 3: Mascaras

If there's one thing I'm always looking for something bigger and better from it's mascara. As a girl with the straightest lashes ever I always find it hard to find a mascara that actually holds a curl and makes my lashes look somewhat okay. However after trying multiple products I have narrowed it down to my top three mascaras. All of these are available from the high street as mascara is something I don't care to pay loads for.

My first mascara is my all time favourite mascara. It's Maybelline's The Colossal Go Extreme Leather Black. Packed with a mixture of longer and shorter bristles, this brush is tapered to fit the contour of the eye. It has a double pump wand which claims to help add volume but in fact this mascara could do without them as it gives enough definition and volume without double pumping it. I found that when I first opened this mascara I didn't get along with it as was a very wet mascara and did nothing for my lashes. However once it had dried out a little bit I found this gave my lashes beautiful definition and held a curl a lot longer than most mascaras I'd tried. It can be built up to give an extreme dramatic look but for everyday it does fluttery well curled lashes perfectly.

My second pick is the L'Oréal Volume Million Lashes Feline. This would have come top on the list but the formula lets it down. The curved brush has longer bristles on one side and shorter on the other side to give a perfect clump curl to lashes. The ideal use of this brush is to start of with the longer bristles to push the lashes up into the curl and help create volume, then flipping it over to the shorter side to get rid of any clumps and adding that extra oomph if needed. I love the results this mascara gives, it holds my curl even longer than the Maybelline Leather Black and my lashes still look as good at the end of the day as they did in the morning. However the formula lets this product down for me. Whilst it doesn't clump, this formula is very much a wet formula that easily transfers onto my eyelids. If it was slightly drier like my Maybelline Leather Black this would be my ultimate holy grail mascara. Alas it's not but I still love the finish it gives my lashes. 


 And the last pick on my list is Rimmel's Wonder'Full Wake Me Up Mascara. This has another brush that fits to meet the contour of the eye, however this one flares out at each end so it catches even the tiniest of lashes. The shape of the brush gives lashes volume and curl but unfortunately doesn't hold them for long. I like this mascara on it's own but it would work better if partnered with a mascara that does hold a curl better. This one smells like cucumber and really gives the eyes a wide awake feeling. It's a wet formula but unlike the L'Oréal Volume Million Lashes Feline it doesn't transfer onto my eyelids. Definitely one to try if you're looking for more natural lashes. 

So that's it for my top three mascaras. Are any of your favourites on there? Do you have recommendations for me to try? Let me know in the comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment