Sunday 25 October 2015

October Favourites


It's October Favourites time already. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by. Soon enough I'll have to start putting together my 2015 favourites.

Maxfactor Facefinity All Day Primer
My first favourite this month is a rediscovery of mine. At the end of last month I noticed my foundation wasn't lasting as long down the middle of my face so I turned back to a previous favourite. The Facefinity Primer is a cream based primer that suits my skin perfectly and helps keep my make up in place all day. I've found that since I've been using this again my make up looks fresher for longer. It's also helped my skin look less shiny and for me that's a deal sealer as I've stopped wearing powder. Definitely going to see it popping up in my end of year favourites.

Barry M Light Reflecting Concealer
My next favourite is another rediscovery for the month. This is one of many concealers that I tried when I was trying to create that perfect under eye highlight. When I first tried this it didn't suit me at all but now it's perfect for what I want on a day to day basis. It's very liquidy for a concealer and a little goes a long way but I like the finish it gives to my skin. Plus it smells like and contains cucumber which silly as it seems, seems to make a difference to the skin under my eyes.

Rimmel Kate Moss in 107
As it's that time of the year now, my next favourite was a must have this month. As with every year I always break out my trusty 107 as soon as September hits but I found myself reaching for it even more this month. A go with everything berry shade, I've worn this so much that I can apply this without even thinking about it now. Long wearing, non drying and suitable for everyday wear, I know I'm going to be getting a lot more wear out of it this year.

 Nip And Fab Dragon's Blood Cleansing Pads 
This next favourite is one I've given a long trial period too before including. I always used to scoff when I saw these on a shop shelf. However once I actually took the time to read the packaging I found myself wanting to try these. They're advertised as a cleansing pad but I actually use them as a moisture booster. Containing Hyaluronic Acid these are brilliant to sweep over the skin to give them a moisture boost and help lock in any products you've used before. The smell is a bit dubious and they can be kind of pricey but the results are pleasing enough to forget the price tag.

Naturally Radiant Brightening Eye Cream 
My last beauty favourite of the month is a new product that I've only been trying for a couple of weeks now but the results were enough to get it straight into this month's favourites. I'm always on the lookout for something that helps combat my dark circles and until I brought this product I hadn't found anything before. I use this everyday and my dark circles have never looked better. I have written a more indepth review here if you'd like to read more about it.

Jurassic World 
So my non beauty favourite this month is something I unforunately missed out on seeing in the cinema but now it's out on DVD and I'm so happy I can finally get my hands on it. For the last couple of weeks I haven't been feeling well and haven't really wanted to pay attention to anything for more than five minutes but when I brought home Jurassic World, I found myself captivated from beginning to end and as silly as it sounds I actually felt better after watching this. Chris Pratt and Byrce Dallas Howard are beyond brilliant in this film and I'd more than happily watch a sequel with them in. I won't go into too much detail as I don't want to spoil it for people who haven't seen it but it is definitely a film that you will want to watch again and again.

So that was my monthly favourites, what were your monthly favourites? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment