Thursday 29 October 2015

GRWM: Quick And Easy Halloween Look


It's Halloween Time! And as I was browsing through Halloween Looks for inpiration, I stumbled across this picture and thought I'd give it a go. So here's how I created this quick and easy Halloween Look.

First off I started with my base. As it's a Halloween Look I wanted something that was very pale for my base. So I used the Loreal Infallible foundation in Porcelain. It's a medium coverage foundation but can be built up to a high coverage. I built it up and by the end I looked very ghostly and pale. Next I went in with my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair to cover any blemishes I had. I also added a little bit under my eyes but not enough to cover up my dark circles as I thought it added something to the look.

After my base was finished I went straight to work on the eyes. I started with a black eye shadow that I pressed all over the lid and blended ever so lightly in my crease. Then I took a dark grey shadow and pressed it lightly into my crease, blending it out until it gave a smoked out effect to the eye. Next I took a white eye shadow and took it from my inner corner all the way round to the outer corner of my eye. I blended it up towards my brow and then moved onto creating the web.

For the web I took the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal and drew lines coming out from my crease from my outer corner to my inner corner. This took a really steady hand some of my lines were slightly wonkier than others but once I'd moved on and joined them together they looked fine. To join everything up I took my eyeliner and drew semi circles between each line to create the join. Once that was complete, I went in with my Maybelline The Colossal Go Extreme in Leather Black and popped two coats on after curling my lashes.

Now when it came to lip colours, I found myself with quite a few choices. One option I had was one of these lipsticks from Collection's Gothic Glam Collection. The three shades in the range are perfect for this time of year. All three are a sheen finish but do actually last a long time on the lips and are very moisturising. If I had to chose one to go with this look it would be number two (in the middle) as it goes nicely with the eye look. However I wanted something that was a bit more long lasting.

So I went with the Revlon Matte Balm in Shameless. I brought this colour last year as I was instantly drawn to it but it's too out there to wear any other time of the year except Halloween. Matte but not drying, this colour lasts all day long whilst giving that bright somewhat unusual twist to a look. Not one I'll be breaking out any other time but perfect for this Saturday coming.

So that's it for my GRWM. Did this give you any ideas for Halloween? Or perhaps you have an idea you'd like to share? As always let me know in the comments.

Photo credit and inspiration to www.xsparkage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment