Monday 12 October 2015

Review: Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners

Until very recently I couldn't understand the hype with lip liners. Then I tried one and now I'm obessesed. One of my favourites is Rimmel's Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob but it can be so hard to get and none of the other Exaggerate Shades stood out to me. Until Rimmel released some new shades at the end of last month.

I believe they released five shades in total but only two of them stood out to me. Under My Spell and You're All Mine were the two that caught my attention straight away. Under My Spell is a deep purple toned berry shade and You're All Mine is a mid/bright toned pink. I have to admit that You're All Mine doesn't suit my skintone, but if you have more of an olive toned skin then it would be perfect on you.

Apart from You're All Mine not suiting me, I'm really impressed with these lip liners. Unlike other lip liners I've tried lately these are ultra creamy which makes application so much easier. They don't drag on the lip or feel scratchy as you're using them. If like me you fill your entire lip in with liner you'll understand the benefits of these liners. With a angled nib, you can line your lips and fill in your lips in at the same time.

Even though these are creamy to apply, they can be very unforgiving on the lips. They do set on the lips after a few seconds of wear and afterwards they don't budge. However if you have dry or chapped lips they can be very uncomfortable to wear and I personally found they didn't dry down to the matte finish they usually do. A little bit of lip balm underneath would be a good idea if you plan on wearing these for a long period of time.

If you're lip liner obsessed or are just getting into them I recommend you check these out. I also recommend checking out the matching Lipsticks Rimmel have recently released as well. Most of the lip liners have a coordinating lipstick that claim to be the only ones you'll need. I will be reviewing the lipsticks in a couple of weeks after I've tested them out.

Have any of you tried the new shades? Do you like them? Do you recommend any other lip liners to try? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment