Sunday 1 November 2015

Winter Lip Edit

It's officially Winter! This last week has seen the temperature drop incredibly so now I think it's safe to say that Winter is definitely here. So today I thought I'd share my Winter Lip Edit with you guys. Maybe it'll give you some inspiration for all your Christmas Parties/Events coming up.

Revlon Colourburst Matte in Fiery
My first pick for this edit is from one of my favourite brands for lipsticks. It's one of the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms. It is in the shade Fiery and is a beautiful pink toned berry shade. I absolutely love the Matte Balms from Revlon, not only are they long lasting and highly pigmented but they don't dry the lips out and are easy to apply. They come in a Chubby Stick/Crayon form which personally I think makes them easier to apply. I love Fiery as it's a brilliant berry shade but it's not as dark as some other berry shades on the market.


Loreal Color Riche in Mon Jules 
My second pick of this edit is the Loreal Color Riche Lipstick in Mon Jules. This a deep burgundy shade with a semi matte finish. Creamy to apply and long lasting on the lips, this is one of my favourite shades to wear this time of the year. It can be tricky to wear depending on what you're wearing, it sometimes looks more of a deep raspberry shade instead of burgundy which I find can be slightly annoying as it means you have to be careful with what you wear this with. A brilliant stand out lip for fairer complexions.

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte in Divine Wine 
My third pick is a newer shade to me and I'm so glad I chose this shade out of all of them. This Maybelline's newly released matte lipstick in Divine Wine. This is even creamier than the Loreal Color Riche Lipstick and I do find sometimes it can smudge everywhere when you least expect it. This is another deep burgundy shade but unlike the Loreal shade it goes with pretty much every make up look and outfit you can think of. I like how long lasting this lipstick is but I don't like finding random smudges of lipstick on my face.

New Look Pure Colour Liquid Lipstick in Burgundy
This is my newest addition to my Winter Lipstick collection. It's the New Look Liquid Lipstick in Burgundy, yes another burgundy shade. I can't help myself, I just love burgundy shades at the moment. This is an absolute cracker of a lipstick, I put it on my bottom lip and by the time I'd finished doing my top lip, the bottom was already dry. It was slightly drying on the lips and I found it needed to be touched up halfway through the day but I was really impressed with it overall. Definitely recommend checking out some of the other colours in the range.

MAC Russian Red
And for my last pick, it had to be one of my all time favourite lipsticks. And of course it had to be a matte red lipstick. This is MAC's Russian Red which is a shade that everyone knows and loves. A classic blue toned red, this lipstick suits so many skintones and goes with pretty much every look possible. It's a matte finish but isn't ridiculously drying on the lips and lasts forever on the lips. Definitely going to be a popular one this festive, I know I'm going to be wearing this a lot leading up to Christmas.

So that's my Winter Lip Edit. My Spring Lip Edit will be up in March when the season changes once again. Let me know in the comments what's your lipstick choice this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment