Monday 16 November 2015

Review: Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Happy Monday! It's that time of the week where I review a new product for you guys and this week it's the turn of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet's Autumn Releases. And lets just say now I had high hopes for these.

These are the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipsticks. Highly pigmented matte lip colours that are advertised to last all day on the lips, these are a budget alternative to all the liquid lipsticks on the market these days. I've tried some of the original shades they released and loved them so when they released these autumnal shades I knew they were right up my street. I got the shades 14 Plum Plum Girl and 15 Red-volution. Plum Plum Girl was the one I was looking forward to trying the most but unfortunately I was disappointed.

When I tried these lip colours I was hoping for highly pigmented, opaque matte colour. What I got was thin, overly liquidy, non matte colour that transferred from my lips almost as quickly as it had been applied. Red-voultion wasn't as bad a Plum Plum Girl and lasted longer out of the two but it didn't have the same feeling as the earlier shades. Nothing has changed about the formula of the product or the application, they both have doe foot applicators that cover the lips nicely as you apply the product.

However whilst the applicators apply the product nicely, it's the actual formula of the lipstick that lets them down. As I said Plum Plum Girl was the worst of the two shades, one coat was streaky in finish but when a second coat was added, it removed exsisting product in places which left it looking patchier than before.

However Red-volution was better in application. Slightly thicker than Plum Plum Girl, Red-volution was opaque in one coat and even when I did go over it to make sure everything was even there was no streakiness or patchiness anywhere. I also put the better application of Red-volution down to the fact that I lined my lips first before I applied the product, hoping the matte finish of the lip liner would cling on to the lipstick. Lining the whole lip would give a brilliant matte finish to the lip look as a whole as it would definitely help the Bourjois lipstick stick to the lips more.

I am disappointed that these lipsticks didn't work out as well as I was hoping but I have noticed that with the newer shades of these lipsticks. If I were you, I'd go for the earlier shades as there haven't been any problems with them. However if you have the patience to work with them some more than I say check them out.

Available from Boots and Superdrug

No comments:

Post a Comment