Thursday 5 November 2015

Winter Nail Edit

It's time to say goodbye to Autumn and hello to Winter. At this time of year all I want to do is wrap up in my big scarves with a red cup from Starbucks and sing along to Micheal Buble's Christmas Album. Yes I know it's only the beginning of November but as soon as Halloween's gone I'm all about the festive season. And my nails reflect that as well. Gone are the darker muted shades and in are the dark, shiny deep shades that play with the colour in the light.

My first pick for this edit is a newer shade in my collection. It's the Barry M Midnight Gelly Polish in Black Pistachio. It's a part of a collection of four that all look black in the bottle but when held against the light show their true colour. They do the typical blue, red and purple which are all nice shades but Black Pistachio was the one that really caught my eye. Black in some lights and green in others this polish is a nice alternative to black and navy shades. Two coats gives it a  nice finish and once dried the shine on this polish is unbelievable. I do advise a base coat underneath as they do stain the nails.

The next polish is one of my all time favourites and I always would go back to this colour when September hit. However as my collection grew I kinda forgot about this until recently. Rimmel's Lasting Finish Polish in Black Cherries is another polish that looks darker in some lights but unlike the Barry M Polish it has a slight metallic sheen to it which makes it stand out more than just a plain colour. This is one polish I recommend trying if you like you're nails done quickly, each coat dries in roughly a minute and still gives a nice shiny finish. Another one that requires a base coat, you'll forgive it for requiring that extra coat as the square shaped brush applies the polish quicker than most.

And of course this edit wouldn't be complete with black polish. This is a Kate Spade and Nails Inc Collaboration. It's called New York Noir and unfortunately was an limited edition polish which is disappointing as it's the only black polish that isn't streaky or thin in formula. Yes I still apply two coats to make sure I haven't missed anything but you could actually get away with one coat. As with the others a base coat is necessary to prevent staining. A high glossy finish that makes this polish standout more, I really hope that Nails Inc bring out a colour similar soon.

My next pick is another Nails Inc collaboration but this time it is with Glamour Magazine. This is the shade Grosvernor Crescent and came free with an issue of Glamour a while ago. Out of the shades this was the one that stood out to me. A ddep purple shade it reminds me a lot of Black Cherries from Rimmel but without the sheen. It can look a little light in places with one coat so two is recommended but the finish is gorgeous so I definitely don't mind. If you're looking for something similar Noite Da Gal from Maybelline is another beautiful shade.


And what Winter Edit would it be if I didn't throw in a polish for the festive season. This is Barry M's Glitter Gelly Hi Shine polish in Sparkling Ruby. It's a thick opaque glitter polish that can be worn as an overcoat of another polish or on it's own. A base coat isn't necessary with this polish but if you'd prefer to go in with one that's fine. My favourite thing about this polish though is even though it's a glitter polish, it isn't rough or textured to touch. It's smooth, easy to apply and putting another coat on top of an existing coat won't take anything away. It's definitely a polish I'll be getting a lot of wear out of in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment