Monday 30 November 2015

November Favourites

It's November Favourites Time! I can't believe it's already the end of November. Where has this year gone? This month I've been loving a few different beauty products to usual and an album that I just can't stop listening to.

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream in Ivory
My first monthly favourite is this base from Bourjois. This has particles in the formula that helps conceal and disguise any imperfections on the skin such as redness or signs of fatigue. I really like the coverage this base gives. It covers all my redness whilst leaving my skin feeling and looking natural. It can be built up as well in case your not happy with your inital coverage. My only issue is it can oxidise throughout the day and look darker on my skin than it actually went on as. Definitely a base I'm going to get a lot of wear out of.

MUA Skin Define Hydro Powder
I brought this at the beginning of the month and it has quickly become my favourite powder to use. I love the finish this gives to my skin without looking cakey or over the top. And as you can see by the hole in mine I've been a bit of an animal with this. You can literally pile this on and your skin doesn't look cakey or dry. I especially love this for setting the concealer under my eyes, it makes it last longer and doesn't crease either.

MUA Prime And Conceal Colour Corrector Powder
Yes I know another powder favourite. But there has been a few days when I've wanted to get away without doing a full face of make up and this powder has really come in handy. The four colours represent a colour correcting aspect which when applied to the skin disguises any imperfections whilst still looking natural. It's a silk baked powder which means it's ultra fine on the skin and doesn't leave skin looking cakey if you go wild and pile it on. Definitely something I'd recommend checking out.

Superdrug Purifying Witch Hazel Mud Mask
Next up is my one and only skin care love this month. This is the Superdrug Witch Hazel Mud Mask and it's been a saviour to my skin. A couple of months ago I tried a face oil and instead of helping my skin it turned it into a greasy open pored mess. And until I started using this again, nothing was helping my skin one bit. Yes it looks and smells like savlon and it goes tight on the skin very quickly but the results are astounding. One use and my pores looked visibly smaller and the sheen that was constant around the middle of my face was diminished. Not only does it help the look of my skin, it also clears out any crap lingering around my face and with Salicylic Acid as one of it's main ingredients it helps keep skin blemish free. Definitely a mask I'd recommend trying.

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners
And for my last beauty favourite this month I couldn't choose just one shade. So here are the five shades of Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners that I've been loving this month. From left to right the shades are Red Diva, Under My Spell, Eastend Snob, Obesession and You're All Mine. I can't get enough of these lip liners. Creamy to apply, long wearing and non drying on the lips these lip liners can be worn on their own or under a lipstick. The two I've been really obsessed with this month are Under My Spell and Obesession, both are dark purple, burgundy shades that look great this time of the year. If you've seen these in store but haven't picked one up then you definitely should.

Storyteller Carrie Underwood
And for my random favourite this month is an album that I love more than an anything other album I've brought. Storyteller by Carrie Underwood is Underwood's fifth studio album and probably her best album. This album is more country than any album Carrie's done before and I can't say that there isn't a song on there I don't like. My favourite is Choctow County Affair, there's just something about the beat that just makes me smile everytime I hear it. For a slower song I'd recommend The Girl You Think I Am. But I love absolutely everyone of the songs on this album and I haven't been able to stop listening to it. I've even loved this more than Adele's Hello and that is a beautiful song.

So that's it for my monthly favourites, let me know what your monthly favourites were in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment