Monday 2 November 2015

Review: New Look Liquid Lipsticks

When I heard that New Look had a make up range I was sceptical. Then I watched a first impressions video from msbudgetbeauty and I was even more sceptical. None of the face products stood out to me and neither did any of the lip products which was surprising considering I always love lip products from new ranges. However a couple of weeks ago I was scrolling through New Look's website and came across these liquid lipsticks and knew I had to try them.

There are five shades in the range and as always I went for the two red shades. There was a plum shade I liked the look of but there also looked liked a hint of a shimmer to it which put me off. However I'm more than happy with the two shades I picked. They both look exactly the same but if you look closer you can see the difference between them. The shade on the top is just called Red and the one underneath it is called Burgundy. I prefer Burgundy as it's slightly darker and more blue toned than Red.

They both have doe foot aplicators which seem larger than normal which apply the colour smoothly and evenly. The colour goes on streak free and dries quicker than any other liquid lipstick I've tried. By the time I finished filling in my top lip, my bottom lip was already dry, it was that quick. And with that drying time comes a powdery matte finish that can feel uncomfortable if you're lips aren't properly primed but still long lasting. However if you're lips are primed properly you won't even know you're wearing this lipstick. It feels very lightweight on the lips even if you pop another layer on top and you can forget you're wearing it.

Unfortunately whenever I've worn these my lips haven't been in their best condition so they did feel drying on my lips but there were a lot of times I actually forgot I was wearing them. I did find that they flaked off when I ate my lunch and reapplication was a bit of a pain as it did end up looking a bit streaky. However a little bit of patience got me a long way and once reapplied, these felt better on my lips than they had when I first applied them.

If you're looking for a budget friendly liquid lipstick to dip your toe into this ever popular trend then I suggest you give these a test. Lightweight, long wearing and only £3.99 a pop, you can't go wrong with them. There are two nude shades as well if you're not a dark/red lipstick lover like me.

Available from New Look

No comments:

Post a Comment