Monday 4 January 2016

2015 Non Beauty Favourites

TV
When it came to TV last year I started a couple of series I'd been meaning to watch and found two new series which I quickly became addicted to. Sons Of Anarchy and Strike Back were the two I'd been meaning to watch for a while. I'd seen snippets, adverts and kept meaning to watch it but just kept getting waylaid. Both of these are absolutely brilliant and addictive and you'll want to watch episode after episode. The two new series I quickly fell in love with are The Player and Chicago Med. Chicago Med is another spin off that fits in with Chicago Fire and Chicago PD. It revolves around characters we've already seen in the other two shows but now they dig deeper into their backgrounds and characters. The Player has unfortunately been cancelled but what was aired was brilliant. Starring Strike Back's Philip Winchester, this show revolved around Winchester's character Alex being drawn into the mysterious House where he races against time to solve crimes whilst anonymous gamblers bet against him. This was full of action and mystery and had the potential to be a great show. Plus the chemistry between Philip Winchester and Charity Wakefield was incredible.

Film 
This year wasn't the most brilliant year for film but a few of them managed to hook me in. The most anticapted movie of 2015 for me was Furious 7. I've been a massive Fast and Furious fan since I was young and this movie being Paul Walker's meant a lot to me as it did to so many other fans. My heart was in my throat for most of the movie and there was some brilliant action sequences but what really made this movie for me was the song See You Again for Paul Walker and their travel back down memory lane. Yes I cried like a baby. Another addition to series this last year was the Avengers sequel. Age of Ultron was a brilliant follow up to the original Avengers, delving deeper into the characters backgrounds and adding in follow up plot lines that have appeared in other Marvel films. Inside out was a later addition to the films this year but it's a brilliant film none the less. There are laugh out loud moments and more emotional scenes that resonate no matter your age and that's what make it's perfect for the whole family. And finally a guilty pleasure of mine but with a sensational soundtrack. Magic Mike XXL is the follow up to the original Magic Mike film with bigger, better and more jaw dropping dance routines. Channing Tatum is mind blowing and enchanting with every routine and I could easily watch this everyday if not for the dance routines then the soundtrack.

Music 
Onto music and this year it's been a brilliant year for music. Adele released her highly anticapted album, Bieber got his shit together and made everyone a Belieber and Taylor Swift made one of the most asthetically pleasing music videos ever. However whilst I love their music, there were only four albums that have been on repeat for the last 12 months. Let's start with War Horse from Johnny Strong. Not  my normal kind of music, very heavy rock/metal in style, this album is full of catchy tunes, memorable lyrics and mind blowing guitar riffs. An album I play when I need to perk myself and motivate myself for the day. And when I want to unwind and relax I put on this next album. Munroe's self titled EP is full of folksy feeling songs that stay with you after they've finished and you can listen to them again and again. However when I'm feeling like a good song and want something to belt out, I have no other choice than Carrie Underwood's latest album, Storyteller. Packed full of songs that will get stuck in your head and make you wanna belt them out like you're the Queen of Country herself. Choctow County Affair is my favourite from the album and if you listen to one song, make it this. Then comes the accompanying soundtrack to Furious 7. See You Again is one of my most played songs on iTunes. Whilst it's sad, it's also happy as it remember everything the cast of Furious 7 had with the late Paul Walker. Skylar Grey's I Will Return is another heart churner that you don't expect from this album.

Book 
This last year there's only been one author I've read consistently. Karen Rose writes some of the most gruesome yet addictive. Scream For Me, Silent Scream and I'm Watching You are some of my favourites and I could read them over and over again. Each book has characters overlapping from others and there is always a romance of some sort in each book. Rose writes brilliantly, you really get a feel of everything she's describing. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what she releases next.

Youtuber
I couldn't just chose one person/channel for this catergory. Starting from the top we have Victoria from Inthefrow, who's more luxury beauty channel is one I can watch and daydream about all the products whilst admiring her hair which looks gorgeous all the time. Then you have Suzie from HelloOctober, Suzie is just adorable and I love watching any of her videos, plus Nala her dog is adorable. Next is Alix from ICovetThee, Alix's channel is the same as Suzie's, I could watch it all day and never get bored. Then there is Dani from Coffeebreakwithdani. Dani's videos are literally on everyday. She puts so much work into her videos and goes the mile to give her viewers everything they need to know. Plus she is hilarious to watch and I love her Candy voice. And finally there is Kathleen from Kathleenlights. Kathleen is adorable and works so hard on her channel. I love watching her because she be hilarious to watch whilst still being serious about the look she's doing. I'm not the best at eye looks but watching her channel makes me aspire to get better at it.

Inspirational Person/People
And finally it's time to talk about four women I find incredibly inspirational not just in the long run but everyday as well. First up is Kathleen Munroe who's EP I featured in my music favourites. She's down to earth, hard working and multi-talented. I love watching her as an actress as well as listening to her as an artist. She also played one of my favourite underrated characters on TV so I have a special spot for her in my love of TV. Next up is Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. I don't even know where to start. She is gorgeous as are the rest of the women but it's her drive that really inspires me. She puts so much into her Rosie For Autograph Range for Marks and Spencers and it really pays off. Her Lingerie Range is one of the best selling in M&S and her ever expanding brand is becoming more popular by the day. The activewear and cosmetics line she is releasing soon are bound to be just as popular. Plus she's extremely down to earth and keeps her private like just that private. After that there is Sophia Bush. Down to earth, honest and a kind heart, Sophia's drive to change the world makes me apsire to do the same even if it's the smallest thing. Her character Erin Lindsay in Chicago PD is the exact opposite of Sophia but she pulls off every storyline brilliantly. Can't wait to see more of her this year. And finally there is the Queen of Country. Carrie Underwood's latest album Storyteller is a music favourite of mine and that's just one of many reasons she inspires me. Not only can she put out some of the best music of the year but she's incredibly hard working outside the music industry and she's just become a mum for the first time.

So that's my non beauty favourites. Yes I know they're rambly but these are things I'm passionate about after everything beauty and skincare. What were your favourites? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment