Monday 25 January 2016

January Favourites

Welcome to my first monthly favourites of  2016. This month is a month of new products that have consistently wowed me and an old TV favourite I can't get enough of.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso
This lipstick has started an addiction to both the brand Stila but also to liquid lipsticks. I got this as part of a Christmas set and fell in love straight away. Beso is a bright tomato red shade that looked good in the winter but will look even better in the summer. It has a doe foot applicator that fits nicely along the contour of the lips and it dries down quickly. And by quickly I mean my bottom lip is completely dry before I've even finished my top lip. I'm definitely going to be picking up some more shades in the range.

MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lip Colour in Dance With Me
This is a fairly new purchase but one I can't stop wearing. The new MAC Liquid Lipcolours are extraodinary. Another doe foot applicator, this is another lip colour that dries down quickly on the lips and stays in place all day. The shade Dance With Me is a stunning dark red shade, perfect for this time of the year. Unlike other shades in the range, this goes on completely opaque and doesn't go patchy or streaky if you put another layer on top. It can be slightly drying but is more comfortable if you pop a bit of lip balm underneath before application.

Rosie For Autograph Nuit Eau De Parfum
This is another Christmas present I've been using loads this month. The Nuit Fragrance from the Rosie from Autograph range is divine. A lot like the original Rosie For Autograph scent, this perfume is slightly heavier, with notes of Jasmine and Musk. One some people may think is too much for everyday and only suitable for evenings. I like to wear it everynow and again and the staying power of this perfume is amazing. I can put this on one day and the next day I'll still be able to smell it. If you've smelt it and thought it was too strong, this is now a body butter in this scent which is slightly lighter.

H&M Angled Buffing Brush 
Up next is a brush. I'm not someone who changes what brushes she uses regularly but when I picked this one up in H&M a little while ago, it was game over. Dense, soft and easy to use, this brush is brilliant for creating a flawless base. What I love about this brush the most though is that I've been using it for a good few weeks now and it's not even dirty. And that's because it doesn't soak up any product when you blend your foundation out. And the fact that it's angled means you can get into any nooks and crannies that you need to get into.

Maybelline Superstay Setting Spray 
Another new purchase this month has been the Maybelline Superstay Setting Spray. A fine mist, this setting spray doesn't soak the face no matter how much you apply. It leaves skin feeling moisturised and keeps make up in place all day long. Long term wear means it can be drying on the skin but for special occasions and odd days it's okay. I much prefer it over some of the other fixing sprays on the market and have even stopped using my MUA Fixing Mist because it's so good.

CSI:NY 
And finally for my random favourite this month I've been rewatching CSI:NY. It's my favourite out of the CSI franchise and I could watch it again and again and again and not get bored. There are epsiodes I remember watching vividly and then there are some that I'm not sure I've even seen before. I like the fact that whilst the characters have backstories and their there own plotlines, there is nothing that overtakes the whole show like it does in some of the other shows. My favourite characters are Don Flack and Danny Messer. They have a brilliant friendship, great long running jokes and are more than just what you'd think they'd be. I know that once I finish Season Nine, I'm probably going to go back to Season One and watch it alternatively with my rewatch of Strike Back.

So that's it for January Favourites. Were any of mine your favourites? Have you got any recommendations for me to try in February? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment