Monday 4 January 2016

2015 Beauty Favourites

Happy 2016! I hope you all had a good New Year's. 2015 was a brilliant year for beauty products for me, lots of new discoveries and some rediscoveries of old products I once loved. So for my first post of 2016 I thought I would share with you my top products of 2015.


Favourite Primer- Maxfactor Facefinity Primer 
I'm not always the biggest fan of using primers but when I do use one, I always go for this one from Maxfactor. A cream formula instead of the usual silicone formula, this applies nicely to my skin and leaves it feeling hydrated while still keeping my make up in place all day. I've nearly gone through a bottle of this as I just find myself reaching for it day after day.

Favourite Foundation/Base- Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff
This year foundation has been a hard product to love. After a while my foundations don't give me the same finish as before but this Revlon one has. A medium to full coverage, you can build it without looking cakey and it's still there at the end of the day. Plus it comes in two formulas so that it's suitable for all skin types.

Favourite Concealer- Maybelline The Eraser Eye
For concealer there's only be one for me the whole year. The Eraser Eye is one of the best concealers on the market. It can cover any level of dark circle with it's sponge tipped applicator and blends seamlessly into the skin. Plus a little goes a long way and while it's not the most expensive concealer on the market, it's definitely worth the money. I can guarentee I'll be going through another one this year.

Favourte Mascara- Maybelline Go Colossal Extreme in Leather Black 
My mascara favourite has to go to my holy grail mascara from Maybelline. The Go Colossal Extreme is a brilliant duo purpose mascara that I swear by. It has the ability to give both natural daytime volume and then dramatic over the top volume without being clumpy.

Favourite Lipstick/s- Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry & Urban Decay Matte Revolution in Bad Blood
Moving on to my favourite lipsticks of the year and of course I couldn't just choose one. My first pick is Revlon's Matte Balm in Sultry. It's a beautiful mauvey shade that is just the right kind of neutral for me. It's long lasting, easy to apply and doesn't dry my lips out as badly as most. And my second pick is more of a recent find which very quickly became one of my go to lipsticks. It's Urban Decay's Matte Lipstick in Bad Blood. Not only does it remind me of Swifty herself but it's a beautiful blue toned red that lasts all day long, doesn't dry out my lips and applies beautifully to the lips.

Favourite Nail Polishes- Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Elderberry and Black Pistachio 
And as with lipsticks, it was so hard to narrow down my favourite nail polishes of 2015 but I did manage to pick two out of the lot to show you. Both are by Barry M and both are part of their Gelly Hi Shine Range. The first is called Elderberry, a beautiful neutral blue shade and the second is Black Pistachio, a dark almost black green. I love this range as they apply nicely to the nail, dry quickly and leave a beautiful shine once dry. The shade range is incredible so if the two I'm showing aren't to your taste then there is a whole other host of colours to choose from.

Favourite Perfume- Rosie For Autograph EDP
There was only one fragrance to pick from for this catergory. It's the Rosie Huntington-Whiteley For Autograph EDP. Made from Rose oils this floral fragrance shouldn't have been up my street but I'm in love with this fragrance. That in love that I'm actually already on my third bottle and it was released only last January. It's strong but not overpowering and lasts for days on any clothing you've worn with it. I've recieved so many compliments on it that I started wearing this everyday rather than on just special occasions. Definitely one to give a sniff if you like floral scents.

Favourite Serum- Clearly Youthful Hydrating Day Serum 
It's time to move on to skincare and my first pick is something I didn't think I'd end up loving as much as I do. It's the Clearly Youthful Hydrating Day Serum and when I first tried this the smell was enough for me to throw it back in the draw. However once I got past the smell this serum became an everyday staple for me and I've gone through countless bottles since. Containing both Salicylic Acid and Hyaluronic Acid this gives skin both hydration and protection from blemishes. A product I know I'm going to keep going through this year.

Favourite Day Cream- Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser
My favourite Day Moistruiser is the Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser. I like Simple products as they don't aggravate my sometimes sensitive skin. And this does exactly what it says on the bottle. It's light, it's hyrdating and it leaves my skin feeling soft all day long. A little bit goes a long way and love applying this and a bit of their Replenishing Moisturiser together on days I'm not wearing any make up.

Favourite Night Cream- Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream
A brilliant new find this year was the Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream. A light bouncy textured cream that sits on skin like a mask overnight and in the morning skin looks refreshed and revitalised, removing any signs of fatigue. I love how quickly you see results with this cream and can't tell you how good it is. I've recommended this to so many people, I say give it a go if you're looking for a new night cream.

Favourite Cleanser- Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean 
Another new find this year is the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Cleanser. A bottle lasts a long time and the results are brilliant. A creamy formula that doesn't lather up, this cleanser removes all traces of make up, even mascara. It also leaves skin feeling super silky afterwards and yet again doesn't break out my sometimes sensitive skin. Brilliant value for money, I know I'm going to go through many more bottles this year.

Favourite Eye Cream- Naturally Radiant Brightening Eye Cream 
This year has been the year of defeating my dark circles and I've finally found something that helps with that. The Naturally Radiant Brigthening Cream is a super lightweight formula which helps decrease the appearence of dark circles whilst keeping the under eye area moisturised and looking youthful. The combination of my Garnier Sleeping Cream at night and this eye cream the following morning, it's goodbye to heavy concealer and hello wide awake, brighter eyes.

Favourite Face Mask- Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask
And for my last beauty favourite, my favourite face mask is the Sanctuary Detox Mask. If you're looking for a purifying, deep cleansing face mask this will be right up your street. Containing a range of skin loving ingredients including charcoal, this mask works deep into pores to help pull all the crap from your skin. I love using this once a week to give my skin a good cleanse and it helps pull any blemishes I may have lurking to the surface. Definitely going to go through numerous tubes of this, this year.

So that's it for my 2015 Beauty Favourites. What were your favourites from last year? Were any of them the same as mine? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment