Thursday 14 January 2016

Everyday 5 Minute Make Up Routine

Over the Christmas period my working hours went into overdrive and there were days when I found I had to be at work earlier than normal and didn't have enough time to do my full make up routine. So I put together a very quick, very simple make up routine which meant that I could do this and still be out the door in time for work. So today I thought I'd show you my 5 Minute Make Up Routine.

After I've moisturised and done my hair, I start my routine with the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream. It's a very buildable formula so if I need to layer it I can. As it's a very liquidy formula, I just rub the tube over my cheeks, chin and forehead before taking my H&M Angled Buffer Brush and just buff it into the skin. This CC Cream has different colour pigments in it to help conceal any imperfections on the skin. And once that's all blended in I move onto concealer.

This is the most time consuming bit of my routine. I go in first with my Maybelline Anti Age The Eraser Eye concealer to cover the majority of my under eye bags. I use a beauty blender to blend this and this is where it get time consuming. I bop my beauty blender under my eye area repeatedly until everything is blended and my dark circles are practically gone. Then I go in with my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I use this as some extra coverage if my dark circles are bad and as a under eye highlight. I swipe some under my eyes and down into a triangle on my cheeks. Then I take the same beauty blender and use the flater end to blend in the concealer on my cheeks and turn it around and use the pointed end to blend in under my eyes. I like the fact the pointed end gets right into the contours of the eye and blends everything beautifully.

Once I've blended my concealer in, I set it straight away with powder. I take the MUA Skin Define Hydro Powder on my Real Techniques Contour Brush. I brush away any excess off the brush and press it along my under eye area to mattify and set my under eye concealer. Any excess that is left on the brush after that I take down the center of my forehead, tip of my nose, cupid's bow and chin. I don't bother setting all of my face as it ends up looking cakey after a few hours.

Onto eyes and it's pretty simple. I just take my eye lash curlers and give each eye two to three pumps with the curler before going in with my Maybelline The Colossal Go Extreme Leather Black Mascara. I love how this mascara can give beautiful fluttery everyday lashes but can still be built up to give a really pumped up voluminous look. A coat of this on my lashes and that's my eyes done for the day.

To make sure everything is set I give my face a quick spritz of the MUA Pro Base Fixing Mist. As my hours have gotten longer I've wanted my make up to last longer and this keeps my make up in place as well as keeping my skin hydrated. A good shake then two to three spritzs of this across my face and my make up is done and ready for the day.

Once my make up is done all I need is a swipe of my Classic Carmex lip balm and I'm ready to go. I like Carmex as it's slightly thicker in formula compared to other lip balms. A little bit goes a long way and it gives lips a smoother, hydrated feel.

So that's my 5 Minute Make Up Routine. What's your routine like? Does it involve more or less products than mine? As always let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment