Thursday 21 January 2016

Brand Review: Masque Bar

A couple of months ago I stumbled across a brand I didn't know in Boots and a few of their products caught my eye immediately. Masque Bar is a range of mud and sheet masks that are easy to use and give visible results after the first go. They sell five different variations of face mask and a Dark Circle Reducer for under the eyes. I have three of their sheet masks and the Dark Circle Reducers, all packed with skin loving ingredients.


The first mask I tried was the Luminizing Charcoal Peel Mask which comes in standard mask form. It claims to include ingredients such as Charcoal Powder and Bergamot Extract to help purify and deep cleanse the skin. And it did work, my skin felt thoroughly cleansed and didn't look gross as it did before but it wouldn't be a mask I'd go for again. Firstly the smell was just vile and having this under your nose for nearly twenty minutes was just nasty. And secondly, peeling it off resulted in me having a lobster face as I kept pinching myself as it didn't peel very well. A good mask for a skin detox but not one I'll be reaching for again.

After the mask I tried the Dark Circle Reducers and I was pleasently surprised. This are two gel like patches that fit to the contours of your under eye area. Once on your under eyes start to feel cooler, which in turn helps reduce any puffiness that you may have there. After twenty minutes I took this off and was surprised to see that my dark circles had actually diminished slightly. They weren't gone but they did look better than before. Not a long term solution to dark circles but brilliant as a pick me up or a quick treatment after that night long tv binge.

And the last mask I've tried is the Anti-Wrinkle Sheet Mask. I was intrigued by this mask as it claims to contain Collagen and whilst I'm not at the age where my skin needs to replace it I wondered what effect I would have on my skin. This is brilliant face mask as it came folded into itself several times which means that it contains more of the serum on the inner folds which will be more effective on the face. It's quite a cooling mask as well when it's on the skin and if you get rosy cheeks easily this is a brilliant way to reduce them. I left this on for twenty five minutes and when I took it off my skin felt softer, smoother and plumper than it did before. If I had to chose one from this range, it would be this one.

And finally this is a mask I've yet to try but am looking forward to it. The Green Tea Sheet Mask contains Green Tea Extract, Vitamin E and Phyto-Collagen to help make skin look more radiant as well as to protect skin from any nasties. I like any skincare product that contains Green Tea and I have high hopes for it. I'm sure if I like it or not then it will either appear in a Favourites or Disappointing Products Post.

Overall I like the brand. Sure I have a mask that I don't like and wish there was more selection but for a newly founded brand that hasn't been around that long it is a good selection. If I were to recommend one mask for you to try, it would be the Anti-Wrinkle Sheet Mask. Packed with goodness and actually giving visible results, it's the one mask I know I'll be purchasing again and again.

Have any of you tried these masks? Let me know in the comments what you think of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment