Sunday 31 January 2016

Review: Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipsticks

It's review time again and this week I have two lipsticks I'm absolutely in love with. The Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipsticks came out late last year and I was lucy enough to recieve the two colours that caught my eye as presents.

The first I was very lucky to recieve as a present was Bad Blood. It's a deep blue toned red that makes teeth look whiter and suits a variety of skintones. As soon as I saw this on Urban Decay's Instagram I knew I had to have it. It's matte, it's red and it's named after one of my favourite Taylor Swift songs. What else could a girl ask for. Bad Blood is very creamy to apply and one swipe and you have intense pigmented colour. Because it's so creamy it can smudge slightly but after a while that slip goes away and your left with a intense lip colour. In terms of being matte, Bad Blood is more of a satin finish than a true matte. Whilst it dries down and you don't have to touch it up, it doesn't dry down to the proper somewhat dry finish which most people know matte lipsticks to be. I always pair this with a lip liner just to make sure I get a precise edge and that my colour lasts that little bit longer.

And the next shade I was so lucky to recieve as a gift was After Dark. This is a purple based shade that actually looks more plum on the lips. In ways this is exactly the same as Bad Blood except the shade and in other ways it's different. It is a creamy texture to apply and sweeps a opaque colour across the lips in one go. However once it's been applied to the lips it changes texture. It becomes slightly more matte than Bad Blood and after a long period of time it can be drying on the lips. Short periods of wear are okay as you don't get that dry almost powdery feeling on your lips. Definitely a colour to pop a lip balm underneath.

Overall I like both of these lipsticks and can see myself getting a lot of wear out of both. I do prefer Bad Blood as it's creamier in texture and less drying on the lips but After Dark is an interesting colour and would work on a variety of skintones. I don't intend on buying any more shades from the range as they don't cater to my skintone and look. And at £15.50 a pop it's really only worth buying the colours you really want and looking around for a high street dupe for colours you're unsure of. Definitely a range to swatch in store though if you're looking for a new matte lipstick.

Have any of you tried any of these? What did you think? Did you think they were worth the money? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment