Thursday 28 January 2016

New In At The Drugstore


It's that time of the year where all of us beauty junkies are broke from Christmas. So what does every high street make up brand do? Of course they release tons of new products which if you're a make up junkie like me then you just have to add to your collection.

Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation 
First up is this new foundation from Maybelline. It's the first of it's kind from Maybelline and as soon as I heard about this I knew I wanted to try it. It's matte finish foundation but in a hydrating gel formula that you can build up to a medium/full coverage. And the best thing about this is that it suits every kind of skin tone. I've been wearing it for a fortnight now and I love it. A full review will be coming soon though.

Maybelline Dream Blender
And to coincide with the release of the Dream Velvet Foundation, Maybelline has released a Dream Blender. The Dream Blender is a foundation blending sponge with a handle that looks like it will just get in the way but actually comes in handy for precision. If you want a mini review, then all I'm going to say is it's the top half of a beauty blender on a handle that whilst good isn't something I'd rush out and buy. A full review of this will go up alongside my Dream Velvet Foundation Review.

Maybelline Push Up Drama Mascara 
Maybelline have released another mascara. With their Lash Sensational still riding high, Maybelline really had to raise their game to make another mascara that beats it. In a way they have and they haven't. The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara has cup shaped bristles to catch and coat each and every lash whilst pushing them up to give amazing volume. A wet formula that is easily transferable, this mascara is nice but not one I would run out to buy straight away. A full review will be coming soon.

Maybelline Blushed Nudes Nail Polish
Late last year, Maybelline released their Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow palette which was filled with lots of golds and pinks and this year they've released a nail polish and lipstick collection to go with it. I didn't like the look of any of the lipsticks but the nail polishes did catch my eye. I picked up the shade Crimflush, a dark dusky pink shade. I love these kinds of shades for the transistion from Winter to Spring. So far I like this polish but there have been other nail releases that have really caught my eye.

Revlon Volume and Length Magnified Mascara 
Revlon are another brand that have released a mascara this month and by golly is their a lot of choice. Unlike most brands that just release one, Revlon have released five new types of mascara, each coming in black, black brown and waterproof. I was torn between which one to get as each offers a different benefit to lashes. In the end I went for the Volume and Length Magnified. And lets just say I'm not that keen on it. But as with everthing else a full review will be coming soon.

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Spring Releases 
And now it's on to not one but three collection that Barry M have recently released. And of course as a Barry M junkie I had to get them all. First up we have the Spring Releases of the Gelly Hi Shine Polishes. And of course all of the releases are aimed towards Springtime and the transitions of seasons. I love all four colours in this range but I'm really looking forward to wearing the bottom two Acai Smoothie and Cream Soda. I already know the formula of these well so I know that I'm going to love, yet there will be a full review coming soon.

Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Spring Releases 
And the next collection Barry M have released is their Spring polishes in their speedy quick dry formula. All four of this colours are right up my street and the speedy quick dry formula is one of my favourites. If you haven't tried them before they dry quicker than any other nail polish I've tried. They come with a flat square brush that makes application a dream and whilst you have to work to get the colour on the pastel shades, it's worth it for the finish they give. Keep your eyes on the blog for a full review.

Barry M Nail Care Treatment Range. 
Then the final range from Barry M is not brand spanking new but it's new to places like Superdrug and Boots. Originally released in Marks and Spencers, this collection of four nail polishes is aimed at treating and nourishing the nails. Two base coat treaments which work well if you don't have bare nails all the time and two masks that help gives nails that little something whilst nourishing them at the same time. So far I'm really enjoying Iron Mani as a base coat as it helps keep my polish on longer and has so far strengthened my nails quite well. A review will be coming soon.

So that's it for my New In At the Drugstore. Have any of you tried any of these? If so, what did you think? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment