Thursday 7 January 2016

Marks and Spencers Beauty Advent Calender Review

Back in November Marks and Spencers released their very first Beauty Advent Calender. I brought it on the day it was released but only a week after I got mine, I went back in and they were all gone. It was on a spectacular offer as well. Everything inside was worth £200 and that was the original selling price of the calender. But if you spent £30 or more on any of their beauty ranges you got the calender for a brilliant £25. And it wasn't hard to spend £30 on beauty for me.

The box is a decent size and inside you recieve twenty four indentically sized boxes and in each box you recieved either a deluxe sample size or a full size product from one of the many brands that Marks and Spencers sell in their beauty hall. 

To say the wait to open this was unbearable is an understatment. After reading what was on the back I was very eager to open the doors. And thanks to Jasmin I challenged myself to blog every day for twenty four days as I opened the calender.

And whilst there was products I didn't enjoy or that weren't suited towards me, there were more products I'd heard of or had already tried that I love. There were brands such as REN, Percy and Reed, Mio, Rosie For Autograph and Philip Kingsley to name a few.

As to which products I enjoyed the most it would have to be the skincare products I enjoyed the most. I'm a massive lover of skincare and believe that it doesn't hurt to pay a bit more to look after your skin. The Nude Lipstick I recieved and a couple of the haircare products I didn't enjoy but that's just because they weren't suited to what I need/look for in those products.

Overall I was highly impressed with this calender. Yes it's not as flash as some of the other beauty advent calenders on the market but as a first offering from Marks and Spencer's, it was brilliant first step into the market. The majority of the boxes I enjoyed and whilst there were some I didn't like the good outweighed the bad.

If Marks and Spencers decide to release another advent calender this year, I recommend that you snap one up as soon as you can, or even just take a peek at the box. It can only get bigger and better from here.

Did any of you have the M&S Calender? Did you like it? Or were the products not to your liking? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment