Monday 11 January 2016

Review: Garnier Miracle Wake Me Up Cream

A little while ago Garnier released their Miracle Sleeping Cream and I fell in love with it. It's exactly what my skin needed. And last month they released their Miracle Wake Me Up Cream. And of course I was intrigued. Was it as good as their night cream? And what does it do to wake the skin up? So of course when I saw it on offer in Superdrug I had to get it.

This cream claims to help remove signs of ageing and fatigue whilst simultaneously smoothing and reawakening skin. A lot of claims in one cream. When I opened it and popped a bit on the back of my hand, my skin felt like I'd put a silicone based primer on the back of my hand. However as it sunk in, it left my skin feeling softer and smoother to the touch and it didn't look as dry as it had before.

And then it came to putting it on my face. I was worried about how this would react with my skin, if it would cause breakouts or sensitvity and if because of it's slightly silicone feeling texture would it actually absorb on my skin. And testing this was the only way to answer my questions. I first tried this when I was having a no make up day and was pleasently suprised by the results. Yes it has that silicone feel to it but it doesn't translate on the skin. It gives skin an instant boost and you can feel your skin waking up as it sinks in. Once it's been absorbed it leaves skin feeling soft to touch, revitalised and smoother than normal.

However when I applied it before my make up, it didn't give as good as I expected. I'm not sure if I put too much on or I didn't allow long enough for it to sink into the skin but once I'd applied my make up on top, it started to ball up and flake off in certain areas. I will be trying it again under my make up but I think it's one for me to wear when I'm not wearing make up.

But don't let that put you off this product. It does everything it says on the box and my skin looks better than before. If you have oily/combination skin then this will probably work brilliantly as a base under your base but if you have normal, combination or dry skin then I'd say use this as a pamper product. I'd recommend using this after you've done a face mask as your pores are more open and there is a better chance of it sinking in deeper and working more effectively.

Overall this is a brilliant product and I highly recommend checking it out but if you don't have many make up free days then maybe this isn't for you. I personally love having two days a week where I'm as bare faced as I can be and that's when this comes in handy. And if you're looking to complete your regime, I also recommend checking out the Miracle Sleeping Cream from Garnier. I wrote a full review of it here.

Have any of you tried this product? If so what did you think? Let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment