Wednesday 3 February 2016

Updated Morning Skincare Routine

For a while now I've been playing around with my skincare routine and finally I've found a morning routine that suits my skin perfectly.

To cleanse my skin in the morning I use the Clean and Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion for Sensitive Skin. I've been using this for close to a decade and nothing else seems to cleanse my skin as well as this does. As you can see it's a bright blue liquid that doesn't transfer onto the skin and it clears away any grime that may have accumulated overnight. It is can be pretty strong but I like that as it gives me that bit of a wake me up.

Then I move onto to Toning. And for that I go with my Vitamin E Refreshing Toning Mist. I love this toning mist for adding some extra moisture to my skin straight after cleansing and as a quick pick me up. This one has barely any fragrance and doesn't leave skin feeling uber wet but you can go a bit over the top with it. However it's not a bad thing in my opinion as it is more beneficial for the skin.

Next up is serum and my go to holy grail serum is the Clearly Youthful Hydrating Day Serum. I've lost count of how many bottles of this I've gone through since I started using this last year. It gives skin a brilliant moisture boost and helps create a perfect base for make up. This can also be used in the evening and when I've run out of my evening serum I pop this under my night moisturiser. I've written a full review of this and the entire range here.

Then it's on to moisturiser and I have two that I rotate between depending on what I feel my skin needs. The first one is the Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser, I use this most days over the top of my serum and together they create a perfect base for make up. As you can probably tell I'm very big on making sure my skin is hydrated. This is very light and little bit goes a long way and my skin feels smooth, soft and hydrated for the whole day.

And on days when I'm not wearing make up or feel my skin needs that little something extra I go in with the Garnier Miracle Wake Up Cream. This is very cooling and awakening on the skin and leaves sin feeling soft whilst locking any moisture you've put in there already. I love slapping this on on a sunday after my face mask routine and it leaves my skin feeling so nice. I wrote a full review here if you want to know more about it.

Finally it's on to eye cream and I think I may have found my holy grail eye cream. The Naturally Radiant Brightening Eye Cream is a godsend to anyone who has to fight dark circles everyday. With a blurring effect to the under eye, this cream not only reduces the look of dark circles but moisturises and perks up the under eye area. I slather it all over my under eye area and my eye lids. I've written a full review of this over here.

And that's it. Once my skincare is done I go and brush my teeth and let it sink into my skin before applying my make up and getting on with the rest of my day.

What's your skincare routine? Do you have any products you can't live without? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment