Sunday 14 February 2016

Valentines Make Up Look


Love is in the air, everywhere you look around. Well it was yesterday. Happy Valentine's Day whether you had plans with your other half or just spent it with someone who means a lot to me. Personally I spent it with one of my favourite women in the world, my mumma. And as it was Valentine's I thought I'd spruce myself up even if it was just for my mum. So today I thought I'd show you what make up I did for Sunday.

After doing my morning routine which you can see here, I go in with my Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation. This is my favourite foundation at the moment. It is a matte finish but it's not like your standard matte finish formula. This foundation is a gel formula that makes it more hydrating on the skin and makes it wearable for people who don't have oily skin. I pop this on the back of my hand and then use my H&M Angled Buffing Brush to apply it to my face. I use my buffing brush to apply and blend in the first layer of foundation. Then I take my Makeup Revolution F103 brush to make sure everything is evenly blended and there's no cakey patches on my skin.

Once my foundation is completely blended in I go in with concealer. First off I go in with my Maybelline The Eraser Eye concealer to cover my dark circles. I love the sponge tipped applicator on this product and as you can see I'm nearly out of this. I take my Beauty Blender and use the more pointed end to blend this in under my eyes. I find using a beauty blender makes my concealer last longer and it doesn't crease. Then for my under eye highlight I go in with my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in a triangle under my eyes and onto my cheeks. Then I take my Beauty Blender again and blend it in. I like doing an undereye highlight as it makes me look more awake.

Next up is powder. I take my MUA Skin Define Hydro Powder and swirl my big B Powder Brush in it. Once I've tapped off the excess I swirl this all over my face, paying close attention to the centre of my face. Then I take my Real Techniques Contour Brush and swirl in my powder before bopping along my under eye are to set my concealer. I repeat this on the other eye and then down my nose if my intial sweep of powder hasn't helped.

Moving onto the eyes, I take my Primark Eye Lash Curlers and curl my lashes. I curl one eye at a time as I find my curl drops if I do both at the same time. Then I go in with my Pur Volume Vixen Mascara. I got this in my Advent Calender and absolutely love it. It has a very straight brush with widely spaced bristles that catch and coat each individual lash without letting it get clumpy or spidery looking. I pop a couple of layers of this onto my eyes and I'm given an amazing volumised look that is clump free yet good looking.

Next up is lips. And I know red lips are my thing and that red is the colour that's most associated with Valentine's Day but I thought I'd switch it up and go with something different. So I'm going with my Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lip Colour in Pink Pong. This is one of the original formulas of the Rouge Edition Velvet's and it's brilliant. This is a bright blue toned pink that makes teeth look ultra white and stops you looking like Barbie. A doe foot applicator makes application easy and one coat leaves lips with a bright opaque colour.

Once everything is in place I spritz a bit of my Maybelline Superstay Setting Spray and my make up is complete. If you're wondering how good setting sprays are then I'll tell you. Setting Sprays help keep your make up in place longer, keep skin feeling more hydrated and stops any powders you're wearing from looking overly cakey. This Maybelline spray is one of the best I've tried but a full review is coming up soon.

So that's it for my Valentine's Make Up Look. I hope you had a good Valentine's and I love to see any make up looks you wore for the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment