Friday 26 February 2016

Review: Maybelline Setting Spray

Bonus Post Time! I know another bonus post. I have so many products to review and I don't always remember about them until I've scheduled my posts for the month so I decided I'd throw in a couple of extra reviews this month so they don't get forgotten. And today's review is of the Maybelline SuperStay Setting Spray.

I became a fan of setting sprays towards the end of last year but I quickly wore out the selection the high street had to offer. Yes I managed to find one I liked but it wasn't wowing me to the point where I used it and nothing else. Then at the beginning of this year Maybelline released their setting spray and all my prayers were answered.

Unlike some other setting sprays I've tried this is a very fine mist that doesn't drench the skin when you use it. Two or three sprays does the whole face and it dries down quickly so your skin doesn't feel tacky or wet. Once it's dry your make up is literally not going to move unless you want it to. And it doesn't dry out your skin. Some of the others I've tried have dried out my skin but not this one. At the end of the day my skin still feels as hydrated as it did when I put my moisturiser on.

The packaging leaves a lot to be desired as you can't see how much you've used and you can't see if you get any settlement at the bottom like you do in the Loreal Setting Spray. I also don't like all the writing on the front as it just seems a bit too much for the front of a product. But I know you don't wear the packaging so it should count but I can't help but picky about it sometimes.

Overall I really like this Setting Spray and I can see myself picking another one up in a couple of months time. It leaves my skin feeling good, my make up stays in place longer and it doesn't drench my skin and make everything run when I apply it. Definitely a winner for me.

Have any of you tried this? What did you think? Did you like it? Or do you know of any other brands I should try? Let me know in the comments. 

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I find it really helpful. I'll give this product a try :)

    http://www.ellemouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this.. dewy setting spray

    ReplyDelete