Sunday 28 February 2016

February Favourites

It's Monthly Favourites Time! And as I say most months where on earth did February go? This month has just flown by and as I've been so busy I hadn't really thought of my favourites. However there were a few products that I found myself reaching for every day so I thought I'd share them with you today.

My first favourite this month has been the Palmer's Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion in Coconut. Since the beginning of the year I've been trying to moisturise on a daily basis so when the weather warms up I don't have to worry that my skin doesn't look somewhat decent. And this product is just perfect for that. As it's a spray it means application is easy and you don't end up getting moisturiser everywhere like you would with a tub. I spray this on my arms every morning whilst I'm getting ready for work and before I've even finished rubbing it in, it's dried. It doesn't leave skin tacky but does leave it feeling soft and smooth, plus it smells divine. I already have a back up of this ready for when I run out.

My next favourite is the only lip product I've reached for apart from my Carmex pot this month. This Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick is absolutely stunning. It looks quite purple in the tube but when it's on the lips, it's a darker more burgundy shade. As I'm so pale I love wearing on days where I do nothing more than flawless skin and lashings of mascara. It's such a statement colour you don't need to do a lot to make it work. As it's a liquid lipstick it can be quite drying on the lips but I find a bit of lip balm underneath before you apply it works wonders. I'm so impressed by Stila's Liquid Lipsticks I'm going to pick myself up some more shades.

This month I've been trying out double cleansing. I've heard a lot about it from Caroline Hirons videos and blogs so and as she's the queen of skincare I thought I'd give it a go. And for my double cleanse this month I've been using the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm. This became a favourite as soon as I used it. A soft balm that turns oilier as you work it into your skin. It leaves skin feeling super smooth and supple and my skin feels squeaky clean afterwards. As this is only a travel size I've been using it sparingly but I will definitely be purchasing a larger tub one I run out.

When it's come to looking after my body this month I've been focusing a lot on my hands. I work in a very hands on job so my hands get put through a lot every day and for a while I couldn't find anything that would help look after them. Then I stumbled across Nivea Soft Cream at work and I've never been so surpried by a product. This is one of Nivea's more genric moisturisers but it's worked wonders. I've been putting this on my hands every night before bed or whenever I've felt they've needed it and the next morning my hands feel super soft and look ten times they did before. A tube goes a long way and I've very nearly finished this one but have a couple of back ups already.

And my final beauty favourite of the month was this nail polish from Barry M. They've released a load of new spring shades in three of their different formulas and they're all to die for. However this Gelly Hi Shine Polish in Pink Lemonade has been my favourite. It's a slightly muted pastel pink that looks more brown toned in the bottle but shows up pink on the nail. One coat and you're left with a glossy opaque colour.

And that's it for my February Favourites. What were your favourites this month? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment