Tuesday 16 February 2016

Review: Maybelline Push Up Drama Mascara


Bonus post time! I've got so much stuff in my new in box that I want to talk about I've decided that every now and again I'm going to throw in a bonus review post on Saturdays. Today's bonus post is a review of the new Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara. I've seen so much hype about this lately, I thought today would be the perfect time to review it.

The first thing that really drew me to this mascara was the brush. It claims to be made up of many tiny cup shaped bristles that work to push lashes upwards and help maintain that volumised look. However when I look at it closely I can't see these cup shaped bristles. I see a plastic wand with very far and few between bristles. There is no curve to the want but it's slightly tapered end means it still fits nicely to the contour of the eye.

When I first tried this I hated it. It left my eyes clumped together and there was no volumised fluttery effect, just six very black lashes. And the formula itself was way to wet, I sneezed a good ten minutes after applying it and I had to clean my under eye area with a cotton bud. However I found this with the Lash Sensational that they released last year, but once I let it dry out a bit it was perfect and I use that quite reguarly now.

This is a good mascara but only if you have the time and patience to work with it. A very light hand can product a volumised clump free look that stays in place all day. However if you're like me and are a bit heavy handed with your mascara this could take some time to get perfect.

Overall this mascara isn't the worst on the market but it isn't going to meet everyone's expectations. If you've got the time and patience or you just like your lashes to look like they do in the advertising campaign then this is definitely for you. If you don't like the look then this mascara is definitely not for you, maybe try the new Revlon mascaras that were released a few weeks back.

Have any of you tried this? What do you think? Do you like it? Or do you have any recommendations? Let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment